Chapter 7; Christmas time, Questions and Answers

RECAP;

"Do you have a punching bag??" I ask Murray as I put my bag down and looking at the time. 8:00am.

She shakes her head "No I don't but there is one in the game room, come on I'll show you." I follow her, I can hear everyone down stairs, they quiet meaning that they're whispering. When we get into the game room, I go straight over to the punching bag not even bothering to look around. I take off my top which shows my sports bra. I hear Lucy gasp but I don't stop to acknowledge her I just start to hit the punching bag.

1.2.3. Hit 1.2.3. Kick .1.2.3 Hit 1.2.3 Kick

I do the pattern until I can't take no more, I look up and see that Murray's no the only one watching me. I look at the time this time and see that it's now 11:00. Been at it for 3 hours, non-stop. I grab my water bottle and start to drink.

"What happened to you're back??" Teddy chokes out, Goldie catches my eye and I shrug but then another person catches my eye and it's the girl next to Teddy, the one's who's holding his hand. I drop my bottle on the ground, she steps towards me and tears threaten to come out, but I won't let them, not now;

"Ren," I say at the same time she says

"Lee."

Chapter 7; Christmas time, Questions and Answers

I lay awake. It's 5:30 in the morning and it's also Christmas day. The night before events repeating in my mind;

Flashback;

"Ren," I say at the same time she says

"Lee."

Serenity hesitantly touches me, as if she was imaging me being in front of her. When she feels that I'm real she pulls her hand back as if I just burned her, she runs out of the room Teddy running after her.

"What was that? How do you two know each other and what happened to your back?" Kent asks in a rush, but I don't look at them.

"Not now, no questions now...tomorrow...ask me anything and I'll tell you the answer just don't bother me or ask questions about me to Serenity, just let her be..." I say like a robot, no emotion leaking into my voice at all. I walk pass everyone not caring if they saw my back, I'm over it.

Flashback over;

I sigh, but get up out of bed. I shower and get changed into red Skinny jeans a volcom singlet with my skull hoodie. I take my already packed bag and head down the stairs quietly when I get down the steps I'm surprised since Rain was standing in front of me with his brothers and sister. I sigh angrily.

"What??" I hiss they all raise their eye brow!!! (UGH, how annoying!!! I can't do that!!!)

"You're not leaving until you tell us the truth. You said." Murray says, looking hurt, I know I'll give in to her. I drop my bag in the hall way and head to the living room. Too my surprise (not) Jay, Fern, Teddy, Goldie and Ren were inside and around the fire place. Ren looks up to me and smiles sadly. I know she blames herself for not helping me out sooner but she couldn't have known.

I sit down and look into the fire.

"Why did you leave?" Jay asks

"To protect you."

"From whom??" this time fern asks

"...Hunter Fowler."

"And why would you need to protect us from Hunter?? He was one of our closest friends." Rain says sounding sceptical. I look into his eyes knowing that tears would be pooling around them.

"Because...he locked her up in his basement for 3 months with little food and no clothes on; THATS WHY!!" Serenity screams standing up from where she sat "He tortured her because she didn't love him and he was obsessed with her..." She says tears blurring her vision. I stand up and pull her into a hug, whispering soothing words to her. I turn to the shocked family and friends.