Quidditch

The night before the first Quidditch match I got a letter from my dad, with a broom attached.

Puppy,

I wish you luck with your game. I was able to get the Comet Two Ninety.

Now please promise me you'll stop being so irresponsible. Also your dad would be so proud of you. He is proud of you. I'm proud of you. Your mother would be so proud of you.

Please be careful, keep up the pranking but don't get expelled. Also if you ever need a place to escape remember, pass back and forth three times on the third floor, and the door will appear.

Again good luck at your game. Go Gryffindors! Tell Charlie good luck for me. Also say hi to the twins for me.

X Moony

I read the letter a few time before I pocket it. I talk to the twins till Charlie yells at me to go to bed to get rest for the game tomorrow against Ravenclaw. I end up sneaking up the the twins dorm so that we could talk some more, but before I knew it my eyes were getting heavy and I was asleep in Freds bed.

"Everyone up! We got a game today! Someone get- ohh Tori your all ready here! Great! Get up we've got a game in a few hours!" He looks to the twins giving them a nod. Before I knew it the twins had picked me up and was starting to spins me.

"Stop! Stop! Bloody hell I'm gonna throw up if you don't set me down!" I yell at them. They set me down as they push me out of the dorm. I see Charlie down the hall, I give him a sheepish smile before saying "So your not made I was in the Twins dorm?" He just shakes his head with a smile on his face and points to my dorm. I run to my dorm and switch into my Quidditch robes, I grab my broom and run down to breakfast.

For a few minutes I listen to Charlie and the twins talk as I mess with my food. The twins give me a worried glance before I feel someone sit down next to me. I look over and see Cedric.

"Vicky you've got nothing to be worried about. This games gonna be easy. And I've seen you play your bloody brilliant." He smiles as me. I can feel myself smile as I take a bite of my toast. We all talk some more before Charlie leads the team down to the changing room.

"Now i know many of you are nervous, but there is no need to be! We've got the best chasers, keeper, beaters and of course the best seeker this school has ever seen. Now before the game starts... Knock on Wood!" He yells and points to Wood. Who cringes as everyone find a place to punch him.

When I walk up to him I put my fist up and wait. He looks at me for a second before realization crosses his face and he gives me a fist bump.

As we all walk out I start to feel my stomach turn. We walk out onto the Pitch to see the Ravenclaw team all ready out there and waiting. We all line up when Madam Hooch calls out "Captains shake hands!" Charlie and the Ravenclaw captain shake hands, it looked like they were trying to brake the other hand, before heading back to there spots. "Now I want this to be a clean game!" Madam Hooch yells as she releases the bludgers and the snitch. She then grabs the Quaffle throwing it into the air. I see a Ravenclaw dive for it but I was faster. I grabbed the Quaffle before throwing it to Melvin who passes back to me to score. I line up my shot and score the first points of the game.

I hear Lee Jordan yell out "And first year Gryffindor Voctoria Black scores 10 points for Gryffindor!"

30 minutes into the game there was no sign of the snitch and the score was Gryffindor 130- 100 Ravenclaw. A bludger had hit Wood in the arm so it was getting harder for him to stop the Quaffle. That's when I see Charlie dive. I'm guessing he saw the snitch. After a second the Ravenxlaw seeker dove after him. The Quaffle was thrown to me so I tore my eyes off them and flew down the feild toward the Ravenclaw goals. Melvin and I toss it back and forth a few tines before Melvin scores and then we hear Jordan yell "and Charlie Weasley catches the snitch thats 290-140 and Gryffindor wins!"

I throw my hands up cheering when. I hear Charlie yell my name. I look over but before I know it I was hit in the stomach and falling towards the ground. I was only a few feet in the air so I was fine, but when Madam Pomfrey got over there, there was a huge bruise forming on my stomach. Charlie had grabbed my broom and was now landing next to me. Pomfrey gave me some potion that's supposed to help the bruise heal faster. Honestly I didn't want to take it because I knew it would taste terrible, but the bludger had hit it hard. She said I was lucky I didn't break a rib.

Cedric ran down the stands to see me trying to stand. "Bloody hell Vicky! Are you trying to give me a heart attack I thought you died! That bludger could have killed you!" He pulled me into a hug. I cringe as he crushed me in the hug. Then I felt two more arms pull us into a hug. Well not two arms more like two people. The twins had picked both of us up and started jumping yelling "Gryffindor Won!"

I smiled at the twins when they finally set me down. Those two are dorks was all I thought looking at them. Cedric helped me walk back up to the Gryffindor Tower. As I was about to enter I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you for being there for me Ced." I smile.

He pushed away before saying "I'll always be here for you, Vicky. However at your next game you need to be more careful." He gives me another tight hug before going back to his common room. I walk into see the Gryffindor's throwing a party. I quickly go up to my dorm and shower before writing a quick letter to Moony.

Moony,

The game went great we won! I scored 9 times! The broom was amazing. I wish you could have seen me play. The Gryffindor's are throwing a party in the common room.

I kinda got hit with a bludger at the end of the game but I'm ok. Just a bruise. I'll be back to practice in no time. No need to worry. Tomorrows dad's birthday. I wish I could tell him happy birthday.

I'm probably going to go down to the kitchens tomorrow to have some of his favorite cake and to wish him happy birthday. How are you doing? Im sure it's weird not having a kid bugging you 24/7?

X Puppy

I walk over to the owl perched on my window seal. "Take this to Moony" I say to the owl. As she fly's off I head down to the party to be greeted by the twins. McGonagall didn't shut the party down till 1 am and we still stayed up for another hour before actually going back up to the dorms to go to bed.