part 2

uploaded! plus im sick so plz comment

***************************

Chapter |2|

Accaila howled and twitched her ear, straining to hear prey in the distance. The she-wolf licked her lips and set off across the meadow, still hiding in the trees.

The shadows were like her body-guard. They protected her from 'fans', or wolves who idolized her. She didn't think she was something to be idolized.

Crunching of leaves to the wolf's left caused her to turn her head as fast as a bullet. There, standing off in the distance, was a porcupine. Accaila cocked her head to the side and stared at it in confusion.

What is that thing?

She puffed out her chest and snarled at the armed creature. It was quite little, but Accaila didn't let her guard down. The porcupine ground it's teeth together and curled into a ball. Thinking it was saying don't hurt me, Accaila sniffed the porcupine, a bit curious. But, curiosity killed the cat. And now poor Accaila was left with quills in her snout. She yelped and drew back instantly, hitting her snout with her paws continuously hoping to get the painful needles out.

She went to her creek and dipped her nose in the water. The rushing current pulled all the quills out painfully. Thank goodness the pack didn't see that little 'stunt'. She shook her head muttering profanities under her breath. Accaila was tired and layed down in a heap, flattening grass underneath her.

Accaila dreamed about her old life. Her mother, Lupa, soothingly licked her shoulder and head as Accaila watched yet another one of her siblings slowly let life go. The little pup needs happier times in her young life. All she remembered though were sad thoughts.

Accaila envied her mother. Lupa was kind, sweet, strategical, and caring. A true wolf. Something Accaila hoped to be. Hope. That word meant nothing to her. At least not anymore. Something had definitely changed about the she-wolf. Her once gentle, caring, loving persona was now covered by a hard shell. How did this happen?

Accaila woke with a jolt. Her once sleeping body was shaken and jumpy. She lifted up her nose and sniffed hungrily. The cold morning air was numbing and she ran to scent she picked up.

The same wolves from yesterday lounged around the den. They were a small pack consisting of:

Alpha- Pax

Alpha Female- Gloria

Betas F/M-Aurora and Garth

omega - Clair

Clair fearfully stayed to the ground. Everyone's mind was somewhere else. Garth was thinking about food, Aurora was thinking about nature, and the alphas were strategizing their next hunt. The pack called themselves Zation Pack. Fitting, since Zation means small and peaceful.

Pax and Gloria walked briskly around, trying to smell prey. The ran off abruptly leaving the rest of the pack behind.

The wind rustled the trees and blades of grass swayed noisily. Acaila spotted a bull elk with horns so big, Accaila questioned her hunting skills. She ran at it biting it's neck continuously.

*

Two wolves came upon the same elk Accaila was not eating anymore as she dragged the dead elk into the her domain....the shadows.

The wolf pack sighed and decided to go after another elk when Pax gasped, "That! That....T-that was the Shadow Fighter!" The wolves stared at each other in amazement, That truly was Accaila.