Chapter 9

"Madi?" Judy asked, she felt sick to her stomach but most of all surprised.

"Hi, I missed the introductions because my child, madeleine, needed me. I'm Sofia Kelly. I'm the co-captain. Your names are...." Sofia started not knowing who Judy was.

"Watch this go bad in 1...2...3" Penny mumbled lowering her head so only Ruby could hear.

"Oh just shut up, this isn't funny." Ruby replied, nudging Penny's elbow. Lenny let out a low laugh which caused Ruby to elbow his stomach. "Do you two live for people's problems? Then scowl when it's your own?" Ruby said, she realised that the last part was a bit too harsh. Lenny looked down, he knew what she was talking about. Penny, however, took it a different way and remembered everything from the moment that she entered the resolute.

Avery cleared his throat. "Oh to be a child. Love problems. Ditching dates, bros before hoes. Those were the days." Avery was in his own daydream. "I'm guessing you have those issues. You see I can already see something happening in this room: Lenny." Avery pointed to Lenny, which made Penny go hysterical and chuckle. She brought her hand to shake Avery's hand.

"Too far, cowboy. Have you ever had a girlfriend? Nevermind, you're probably like Don, you like someone but don't have the guts." Penny said laughing. Oh would she wish Don just let go of his egotistical brain for two minutes. She wouldn't say that to his face though, the size of his ego would just erupt. Although, this made her think of the family talk they had at one of the dinners after the Black Hole took them in. When Dad had told them how Don had cried, when they were alone in space, or how his stomach started grumbling.

"And you Ms. Robinson have everything going right in your life? I see you are not one bit like your mom, except the brains." Avery replied back. "And for your record women love me, I just don't believe in sappy love. That's why I am happy, love makes you a sucker." Penny rolled her eyes, Lenny however sat up in victory.

"Don't think I'm not letting that grudge go, you know what you did!" Ruby burst out. "I'm sorry this has been amazing but I feel like the people on the transport Jupiter should transfer to the main ship? Judy? See you later?" Ruby got up and walked to Judy who was in an intense daydream, she snapped her fingers.

"Uh...yeah? Come on! Let's inform them, this is good news I think will brighten their day." She walked out with Ruby. Grant Kelly was contemplating going after her but for some reason his feet weren't moving.

Then he dashed out of the room. "Judy? I'm sorry, I love you, Maureen told me to go: she said that this was my future. I wanted to stay, but Maureen, how's your step-father?" Grant said while Judy stopped unable to turn around. Ruby, however, knew she wanted to be alone and this conversation was not hers to be included in. She was sick of all this. This was supposed to be her new life, move to Alpha Centauri, make better friends, closer to her family, no stressing over income, no stressing over colleges, but this was nothing like that. Instead of stressing over her future she was stressing over her death, and her family were not exactly close at all.

She ran towards a free room, and cried. For a full 10 minutes. No stopping. Just relieving all that she had kept buried deep inside of her.

————————————

Judy walked towards the Jupiter.

"Judy?" Grant looked quite hopeful. "Are you okay?"

Judy blankly stared at the entrance to the doors of the room with Madi in. "Trust me, I'm not mad, it's just-  I've been alone while I've had Maureen back alone and now I left my dad, John, I love John and Maureen and I'm in charge of 97 children how does that just happen? And then there's magically this robot that just takes us straight to my biological father. What kind of luck or what kind of adventure is this? I have a sister, I have two sisters and I have one brother. Trust me the last thing I am is mad at you, you did what you could do, you lived. I didn't expect you to just get back with mom. No."

"Trust me when I say I wanted to stay so bad, but look at us now! I loved your mum, however, Madi is my world. Step back and look at everything, you have Will and Penny and from the looks of it John. I have Madi and my wife. And now you. You're nothing short of what I thought you'd be like, you're even better than I was at your age." Grant said

"I doubt that!" Judy said, "Mum-" She saddened at the thought of her mother, would she ever see Maureen again?

"What's wrong?"

"The people we left behind! This place is built for quite a few people, could we somehow reconstruct parts of it to hold Jupiter's? Can they all get on board, all together we're 600 plus 10. 610. Oxygen levels would do ok, if we rationed a little. We can find Alpha Centauri from over here, plot the course then take a detour to wherever that planet was. The robots, we need to tackle that problem. I bet Mom hasn't stopped trying. We can-" Grant stopped her there.

"Ok, I understand you but how, it's just not possible. This houses 100, 600 is 6 times as much. Don't you think you're getting ahead of yourself, let's take it slow, Maureen can handle herself for a couple months. I bet we can sort this big issue before we move onto that." Grant tried to explain, however Judy frowned upon this.

"No, no, no, no. Robinsons stick together. Our family motto. If you think for a second I'm gonna deem my parents hopeless then you're out of your damn mind." Judy paced forward and back in the doorway to the room. She entered it.

There sat a little girl 5 years old, unaware of all her surroundings, just teary eyed hugging onto a pillow. "Hey!" Judy exclaimed, leaving behind her previous issues and focusing on the girl. The girl moved her big wide brown eyes upon her. "I'm Judy, you know, what's your name?" Judy said softly. Grant stood outside watching the encounter. He stayed quiet in order to watch more attentively.

------------- 

Ok so yes I took a 3 month break (around). But it was well needed for my Writer's Break. I'm really sorry, like actually. I just haven't had the best mental health. But I am sooooo happy that season 3 is filming and the BTS is amazing. I hope y'all are doing good! Love you guys I cannot believe I'm nearly at 350 views like what- I am soo grateful for all of you. Part of my writer's block was to do with my culture. I don't know if any of you can relate but I constantly feel it slipping from me and I've started a book. I am also kind of sad about the #BLM things that have happened. Some of the stuff is just sad Like I can't fathom how upsetting it is. And No- it has not been dealt with. We got a lunatic out of the White House but there is still sooo much to do. Pls if you have time watch the video at the top. I was in tears by the end. The injustice-