42. Deserve It

I woke up the next morning, climbing out of bed and changing into a bralette with a loose sweater over the top and some booty shorts before walking downstairs. I was midway down the stairs when I heard his voice, he was here in my house, again. I continued walking down the stairs, turning the corner to see Josh, Bryce, Blake, Nick and... Madison?
"MORNING RONNIE!" Bryce yelled out, running over to me and giving me a hug as I entered the kitchen.
"Morning Bryce... and everyone else." I forced a smile back before furrowing my brow, "Oh my God, Madison... What are you doing here?"
"Um... I'm dating Nick." She retorted, brow furrowed to give me a look that questioned why I didn't know that.
"Oh. Wow. That's... great. Good for you guys." I smiled back, walking over to the fridge to grab myself some milk before making a coffee. The others continued on their conversation as Josh walked over to me.
"Hey, you okay? I mean I know you guys don't have the best hist..." Josh started but I shook my head.
"What? I'm fine." I replied, glancing over to the group to see that Nick now had his arm wrapped around her.
"Ronnie, we were talking about doing a beach trip, come back on Monday. You down?" Blake offered and I nodded.
"Yeah that sounds fun, what beach?" I asked back, noticing a small smirk grow on Nick's face.
"We were thinking about Carmel Beach." Bryce offered and I nodded, thinking back to our last trip there, how it was just after the first time Tom hurt me. How Nick and I had danced on the beach while I sang Flicker to him for the first time. 
"Okay, when are we leaving then?" I asked again.
"In about an hour, we've got to tell everyone else if they want to come. But yeah, meet back down here in an hour." Josh responded and I nodded.
"Okay, I'll go pack then." I replied before leaving the group, walking back up to my room to pack my bags. 

After about 45 minutes, I changed into some denim shorts and a white cropped top, applying my makeup and throwing my hair into a ponytail before walking back down the stairs. Waiting down there was Amelie, Blake, Noah, Dixie, Avani, Anthony, Bryce, Addison, Nessa, Josh, Nick, Madison and Ryland. I stood next to Ryland, because he was the furthest away from Madison and Nick, him wrapping his arm around my shoulder as I stood there.
"How are you?" He asked and I shrugged.
"Could've given me a heads up, Ry." I whispered in return, seeing him nod in my peripheral vision.
"I know, sorry." He replied, giving my shoulder a small squeeze.
"So, cars are Amelie, Blake, Anthony and Avani in Blake's car, Bryce, Addison, Nessa and myself in Bryce's car, Noah, Dixie, Nick and Madison in Noah's car and Ryland and Ronnie in Ryland's car." Josh ordered and I nodded, smirking up at Ryland.
"Lucky you." I teased and he laughed.
"Yeah can I trade cars?" He asked, me jabbing him in the side as I laughed.
"Very fucking funny." I retorted sarcastically, rolling my eyes. We started to walk out to our separate cars, throwing my bag in the back before climbing in the passenger seat while Ryland got in the driver's seat.

"So how was your night?" I asked as he started driving.
"It was good, a good party. How was yours?" He asked in return and I shrugged.
"Uh, I invited Trent over for a pizza and some beers, and I think we may have had a couple too many because he ended up kissing me." I responded, making Ry's jaw drop.
"Wait, what?!" He replied, his view shifting between me and the road.
"Yeah, but I told him that I wasn't ready for that yet, I wasn't ready to move on." I replied, looking out to the road. "And then I wake up and I see Nick with her, Madison Beer. Like, I don't know, just fuck. I thought... I mean he told me he loved me. Then one week later he's dating some whole other girl. But she's not just another girl, she's literally the only girl in the world that I genuinely hate." I vented, rolling my head back as I lifted my legs onto the dash.
"Well, if it helps. I don't think he's really serious about her. More like a rebound thing." He replied and I shrugged.
"It doesn't, but thanks." I replied, feeling my eyes water over. "I feel like I meant nothing to him. When he meant everything to me."
"He was your flicker of hope." Ryland whispered and I nodded.
"Yeah, he was."

--
We pulled up at the hotel, the same one we had stayed at last time we came to Carmel Beach. We joined the others in the foyer, waiting for Josh and Nessa to return with the keys.
"Okay, we got two, two bedrooms, and one three bedrooms. So me, Ness, Bryce and Addi will go in one two bedroom, Avani, Anthony, Noah, and Dixie in the other, and everyone else in the three bedroom, if that's okay?" Josh offered staring at me when he asked if it was okay.
"Yeah, sounds good." I replied, taking our room key off of him before walking over to the elevator, making Nick, Madison and Ryland follow me. We filed into the elevator, me making brief eye contact with Nick as he entered. 
We all stood in an awkward silence for what felt like an hour until the elevator door opened. We walked into our motel room, I glanced around the all too familiar room.
"This isn't..." Nick started but I cut him off.
"The room we had last time? Yep. I think so." I replied, looking out to the exact same view of the beach. My phone buzzed in my back pocket to see that I had a text from Dixie:

-
Dix Pix: Hey we're going down to the beach if u guys wanna come
Ron Rich: Yeah sounds good, we'll meet u there x
-

"The others are going down to the beach. I'm going to join." I informed as I walked into my room, changing into a red, thong bikini because 'Nick likes red'. I put my hair into a bun and wiped off my makeup before walking back out to the group, who were also in their swimwear, but I noticed Nick's jaw drop when I walked out. "What? Do I have something on me? Something wrong?" I asked Nick, turning around to show off my ass, noticing Ryland chuckle to himself as I did so.
"No, nothing wrong with you." He replied, mouth still agape.
"Come on babe, let's go." Madison groaned, grabbing his hand as she pulled him out of the room, so I waited for Ryland to join me before we left as well.
"You're evil." Ryland chuckled as he reached me.
"Mmhmm." I smirked, before we walked down to the beach. We threw our towels down with the others and I laid down on my stomach next to Dixie while Madison sat on the other side.
"We're going into the water." Nick informed.
"Okay, we'll join soon." Madison smiled and I glanced over my shoulder as I watched all of the boys walk away, leaving the rest of us girls on the sand.

"Gee, Ronnie. It's been a while." Madison said, breaking the silence. "I mean, dang, I haven't seen you since..."
"Since you tried to take my boyfriend and moved to LA when he rejected you publicly." I asked, furrowing my brow as if to say 'that's right, isn't it?', with a small smirk on my face.
"Oh yeah, Tommy. Last time I saw him was... Oh about five months ago, just after he moved to LA." She started and I felt my stomach drop.
"Woah. Back off." Dixie growled, sitting up to face Madison.
"It's okay Dixie, it's not like I didn't know he was cheating." I replied, before turning to Madison. "Besides, she's only acting like this because she knows her and Nick are just a fling. I just don't get why you're with him in the first place. You didn't want anything to do with him when he first moved out here, when he had no fame or clout... Oh wait..."
"You're a bitch." She replied and I shrugged.
"Only to people who deserve it." I replied, standing up and walking out into the water. I found my way to Ryland, giving him a hug because I couldn't hug Nick.

"Fuck I hate her." I groaned in a whisper.
"Me two."