38. Bye, I love you

Nick and Dixie went back to Hype, where everyone else was already at the party, while I headed up to my room. I took a shower and changed into some tight jeans and a cropped top with some heels, throwing one of my sleeping pills in my pocket. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, applying a heavy amount of makeup before grabbing my phone and walking down to Hype, pushing past the line at the door, moving into the party. I grabbed the bottle of vodka off of the counter, noticing Ryland and Avani talking, so I headed over.
"Hey bub. How are you?" Avani asked as I got up to them, Ryland wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
"Ask me after I've drunk this, and I might say okay." I replied, letting Avani hug me back. "It just sucks." 
"Yeah, it does." Ryland agreed, pecking the top of my head. "You know we're here for anything, right? Like if you ever need a hug or a cry or anything, any time, day or night, we're both here for you."
"Thanks Ry." I whispered, resting my head on his shoulder.

"RONNIE! VERONICA RICHARDS GET YOUR SWEET ASS OVER HERE NOW!" Nick's voice called out, I glanced over my shoulder to see him, Chase and Charli over the other side of the room.
"Bye guys. I'll talk to you later." I smiled as I took a big swig of my bottle, turning around and walking towards the three of them. "Hey Nicky." I smiled softly as I reached them, him instantly pressing his lips to mine, he tasted like whiskey and cigarettes.
"I didn't think you'd come." He whispered as we pulled apart.
"I don't know why I did, it's not like you'll remember me being here in the morning," I replied, crossing my arms in front of my chest.
"Then stay tonight, Ry won't mind." He smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
"Hey Ronnie." Charli said, giving me a small smile.
"Hey Char, and Chase." I smiled back, breathing in Nick's scent of coconuts. I wrapped my arms around Nick's waist, digging my head into his chest as I hugged him. We swayed to the music as he continued talking to Charli and Chase. His hands rested on my waist, and his head was leaning on top of mine. "I'm gonna miss you so much." I whispered after half an hour of standing like that, leaning my head back so that I could look up at him.
"I'm going to miss you two, bub." He whispered back, his eyes glazed over from the alcohol, "Come on." He grabbed onto my hand, leading me outside to the couches. We sat so that my legs were resting over his lap with his arm wrapped around my shoulder. He pulled out two cigarettes out of his pocket, lighting them both and handing one to me. I rested my head against his arm as I inhaled the cig, letting it cloud around my head. 

I felt a single tear slide down my cheek as I thought about this probably being our last smoke together, a finger wiped the tear as Nick kissed the top of my head.
"Don't cry. Don't fucking do it. You're gonna make me cry." He whispered as a tear fell down his cheek as well, making more fall down my cheek. I shook my head, unable to bring any words to my mouth, looking up at him as he rolled his head back. "I got you something." He said as he closed his eyes.
"Wh.. What?" I asked as I sat up, watching as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a jewelry box. I opened it up, seeing a necklace with a heart on it. The heart had something engraved in it, so I wiped my eyes to see it clearer.

'I love you' on the front 'Don't forget me' on the back.

"Nick. I love it. And I love you two." I whispered, pressing my lips to his before putting on the necklace, allowing more tears to fall down my cheek.
"I'm glad." He smiled softly, wiping the tears off of my cheek. His forehead pressed to my temple as I continued smoking my cigarette, looking out over the lights of LA.

Please Don't Leave. The words rung around my head, how am I going to sing them on stage after he does.

"Hey you wanna head to bed?" He whispered once I had finished my cigarette, me nodding in response. I stood up, grabbing onto Nick's hand to help him up as well, his hand slid down to my lower back as we walked through the small crowd of people and up the stairs to his room. His room had a couple of boxes and bags of Nick's stuff all around. I changed into a pair of his sweatpants, taking off my shirt so that it was just my bra, before climbing in next to him. I took the pill from my pocket before lying down with my head dug into Nick's chest. His hands rubbed up and down my back, as I wrapped my arm around his waist, feeling him occasionally peck the top of my head as I drifted off to sleep.

--
I felt a slight movement on the bed, opening my eyes to see Nick sitting up. I lifted my head slightly, causing him to shoot his attention towards me.
"Fuck, shh. Go back to sleep. I got to go to the airport." He whispered, hand rubbing my cheek.
"Don't go, please." I replied, sitting up so that my face was inches from his.
"I'm sorry. Bye, I love you Ronnie." He whispered, pecking his lips to mine before climbing off of the bed, grabbing one of the bags.
"What about all your other stuff?" I asked, glancing around the room.
"Ry's going to send it to me when I get there." He replied giving me a sad look.

"Yo, we gotta g... Oh, morning Ronnie." Ryland said as he ran into the room.
"Morning." I replied, turning my attention back to Nick, who gave me a small wave before leaving the room. I felt a lonely tear fall down my cheek as the door closed behind him, laying back down and hugged one of the pillows.

Goodbye Nick, I love you two.