Chapter 5

-------------------------------------

"Thank you, and, Goodbye," Levi said, walking away. You waved goodbye and opened your car door. The air felt heavy, and you took a deep, cold breath.

As soon as you sat down, your mood turned as gloomy as the sky. "Shit," you muttered, remembering the party you had to attend. It was only four in the afternoon, so you had two hours to get ready.

The tutoring session brought you some sort of relief. It was one of the only times you were sure you were safe. Safe from your thoughts, I mean.

Levi knew nothing of your home life. That's why you felt so comfortable. Neither of you felt like talking about your home life. It was a time when you could focus on something without getting distracted by your constant intrusive thoughts.

Your mother told you she had already bought the dress and expected you to do your own hair and makeup. (If you are bald, or have a buzz cut or something close, then the hair part doesn't apply to you unless you have something particular you like to do)

Your phone buzzed, interrupting your train of thought.

***-***-****

This is Levi. Did I get the right number?

4:02

You

Yeah, you did.

4:02

You added him as a contact and sat your phone down. No matter how hard you tried, there was no getting away from this dinner party.

The car started, and you pulled out of the driveway, and you headed home. As soon as you reached your house, it began to rain. You didn't bother bringing your bag inside and just rushed into the house.

Your mother sat on the couch, and you took your shoes off, heading to your room. "(y/n), wait," she said, stopping you in your tracks. "Yes?" you asked, turning around.

"Here," she said, handing you the dress you were supposed to wear. You sighed and took it from her and walked up the stairs. The dress was simple, but knowing your mom, it was probably expensive.

She had never bothered with the cheap stuff. Her work paid well, so she had the extra money to spare.

You tossed the dress on your bed and called Marco. Out of the group, he was the most reasonable one. He was the one everyone called when they needed someone to help them work out their problems.

Marco picked up right away. "What do you need?" he asked, already knowing that something was probably up. "Nothing really, I just don't want to go to my mom's dinner party," you groaned, throwing your phone on the bed and picking up the dress. "Well, it's only an hour or two, right? You just have to get through it, and then it'll all be over."