Chapter 5 - Killer or Scout?

"I've got one, but I'll need Dreams permission to use his weapon for it." Ink glanced at Dream, the smaller blinking confusedly in response.

"uhm- Sure? Here." Dream summoned his bow and handed it to Ink. Ink quickly took the weapon and jumped onto a nearby tree, before aiming the weapon perfectly toward Horror, who was standing over Nightmare's guard intimidatingly.

"Stand back L, the blast from this could hurt you." Ink hummed, not moving his focus at all before an arrow was shot even faster than light could travel, making it practically invisible. There was dead silence, and Dream wondered if Ink had even hit anything, before a scream of agony rang out.

"AHHHH! Who the hell- MY ARM!" Horror cried out as his arm began disintegrating.

"oops~" Ink quickly jumped into the window, before bouncing off the wall closest to him and launching towards where Horror and Dust were standing. The small guard in front of Nightmare looked shocked, as though he hadn't expected an arrow to do so much damage.

Dust looked frantically between Horror, NM's guard, and Ink, before growling. "You're lucky the queen wants both of us to be healthy, K i l l e r" Towards who Ink presumed was named Killer from what Dust said, before picking up Horror, who was still panting from his screaming fit, and leaving in a puff of black mist.

The small guard then collapsed onto his knees, holding back tears, most likely from panic.

"Killer..?" Nightmare asked, more as if he'd never heard that in reference to his guard than as if he was asking if he was okay.

"That's the name I was born with but, I'd prefer if you continued calling me Scout instead- since Killer is a bit- uhm- derogatory" Scout murmured, before standing up and looking at Ink. "were you the one that shot that arrow?"

"Yup!" Ink nodded, teleporting Dream's bow back out to him. "Though, if I'm being honest, it was Dream's bow that gave me the idea." he quickly added, pushing the attention off himself so they wouldn't suspect him of anything too powerful.

Scout hummed thoughtfully, before realising "hey, who was that purple flash that took Dream out of the castle?"

"uhm- Unlust, or L, Someone else from My Kingdom."

"ah, alright. Well, can you go tell them to come back in to finish sleeping? It's midnight."

"got it." Ink turned to get Dream and L back in.

-------------------------------------Time Skip---------------------------------------

Ink huffed as he sat up, barely remembering where he was for a few seconds. When his memory reminded him, he quickly went and grabbed his armor to polish it. After a few minutes of armor cleaning, Dream opened the door. "Ink can we tr- uhhh..."

"..."

"..."

"...could you get out for a moment..?"

"yeah sure" Dream quickly backed out the door.

-------------------------------------After Ink changes---------------------------------------

"So, I assume you wanted to continue training?"

"Yeah! After what happened last night, I want to be able to help you fight!"

"Alright, well-"

"Hey! It's the guy that saved Prince Nightmare and Prince Dream!" a voice called from the side. Ink turned and gave a small wave to the group of people who most likely worked for the ruler of this kingdom.

Then, Cross walked past the crowd, making a small bow to Ink. "I'm sorry you had to do my duty, I wasn't informed of anything that happened last night."

"ah, no worries! It did help to know Dust and Horror were after Dream more than Bl- uh- The prince of the Serene Kingdom." Ink hummed calmly, before turning to walk out. "If you'd like, could you help me train Dream? After all, there are two people after him."

Cross nodded, and they head outside to train.

When they arrived at the small area past the river were Dream and Ink trained before, Ink noticed Nightmare and Scout. He waved quickly, before summoning the weapon he summoned before.

"Alright, first, we need to practice both things from before at the same time." Ink hummed. Cross quickly moved to an area where he wouldn't be easily avoided by Dream so he could catch him.

Dream nodded, allowing Ink to move first.