My Name Is...

The feast hall was vibrant, adults playing drinking games and talking loudly. Sounds of cups being slammed on to the table as they chanted for the loser to down another cup of rice wine.

What was odd was the dress code in here, a third of the room were wearing a cream colored white, of course white was not a strange color to wear, but wearing a full white was strage, even for Shen Yuan’s modern ass.

Full white was worn only at funerals and the like, but in the world of PIDW, there was a time where one of the sisters wore white and only white, mourning the death of her loss. Of course she stopped wearing them after Bingge….    ahem

The kids; meanwhile, are all left at the kids corner, chatting away idly with the other kids. Some of them were cousins whom he recognized; but still, the room was mostly filled with strangers. And as much as he wants to just seclude himself in a corner and hide his existence- Shen Yuan was still the young master of the house. So he has to sit in the main seat.

One of which happens to be in the centre front of the room…

Shen Yuan could feel the tingle of rising goosebumps, a small but familiar nervousness arising. He knows this feeling all too well. Of all the things that had followed him into his next life, it just had to be the small tiny bit of social anxiety he had?!

akjfahuc-

'Deep breaths, deep breaths Shen Yuan' he told himself. Getting a stroke and spitting more venomous words to curse the system -or that hack writer- won't solve much here. The sooner he finishes this feast thing, the sooner he can go back to his room and go back to reading his novel in peace. He longed to be the characters in shitty transmigration novels, to be able to adapt easily to a new world.

Keeping a calm poker face he marched towards his seat, just next to his Father and; thankfully, a seat apart from his sister. Seeing the rather crowded feast hall, Shen Yuan is no longer entirely sure if he could handle the force of her gaze weighing him down for the entire night. That and on top of other people’s gazes on him too. 

As he made his way through the lively room, his father looked at Shen Yuan and smiled.
The smile was… oddly brittle. As if they were thin glass, able to crack with a small flick of a finger. Something tells him that… 

No. No god no.

Please don't tell him that guy was actually related to some secret plot-

Ahem, as an experienced transmigrator -cough cough with only two years of actual experience- Shen Yuan knew better than to jinx it, otherwise the system will probably get ideas and ruin the effort he put on to dodge all the major quest lines yeeted towards his way. Boring life is better than dying the second time, thank you very much. 

What of the epic main quests where the isekai-ed person gets to explore but potentially die? What of the long arduous journeys of becoming an immortal? Pei! Nothing but hacks, in the reality of this wife plot infested world, one cannot do that successfully unless their name is Luo Binghe!

Shen Yuan still couldn’t help but sigh at his fate as he walked toward his destination.

Walking in front of the older man, he clasped two of his hands together and bowed in a fluid motion.

“Third son greets father” Shen Yuan said, almost shakily. It's been a while since he had seen this many people in one place, the whole room almost felt suffocating. Gulping down the lump in his throat, Shen Yuan slowly lifts up his head.