Insert Clichè Title Here Pt.2

It was calm, the sounds of pouring rain, ubiquitous and constant. Droplets of water land on the roof, creating a pleasant melody, tap-tapping consistently upon the roof.

The air smells of rain, damp with the fragrance of fresh petrichor.

The cold temperature was just enough to give a little nimbleness instead of the usual biting cold.
Autumn came before winter. The time where the trees were dyed with the colors of the sunset, shedding its leaves to prepare for the harsh and dry winter. Some fluffy animals sleeping and resting, waiting for the day they will wake up to the warm spring sun.

Shen Yuan’s breath stuttered, a puff of white mist exhaled from his mouth.

The room was blanketed by a dull and dark shade; but amidst it, was a little life, shining dimly. The little light flickers excitedly inside the paper lamp, barely lighting the room. 

Shen Yuan leaned back on his wooden bed. The paper lamp, although dim, was enough for him to be able to read. Flipping the pages as he read on, the sounds of the rain in the background accompanied his journey through the pages.

Next to the bed was a golden colored plate. Ashes - what remains of the bestiary had been burned out of pure rage. Oh, how he wishes to be able to have burnt the wretched thing under the heat of his gaze.

Shen Yuan's leftover rage was still seething under his skin. Burning the book only managed to calm a small portion of the wildfire.

But.

For the sake of the thin sliver of sanity he has left, Shen Yuan decided to bottle the rage and yeet it away to the ocean. Distracting himself by reading a book.

Flipping to another page, Shen Yuan shifted his position to a more comfortable one. The system was nowhere to be found after the small yet intense scolding session he had with it. 

The silence was deafening, there was a small but constant stream of anxiety. Making him unable to focus on the book, mindlessly flipping from page to page. Fingers tapping constantly to the beat of the rain.

There was no reason! No reason for the system to hide the small, yet important detail of the nature of this world. 

And the most horrifying thing about it was that it made sense. Horrifyingly so. Weirdly modern stuff! Questionable world building! Even more questionable plants! 

Behold! Black boards in a xianxia setting. The past him would laugh and spit at his face for not realizing this sooner. 

He always throught the creator was just some random stupid writer.

But no.

In this sick and twisted reality, it wasn't just any random hack writer.

No, it just had to be, 

specifically 

the stupidest of them all. 

Fucking. Airplane.

‘Stupid author! Stupid novel!’ 

The words echoed in his mind, his last words before he --with the elegance of any dying person-- had keeled over and died.

Shen Yuan almost felt stupid for not piecing things together earlier on. He groaned in exasperation, burying his face into the pages of the book. The smell of aged paper filled his nostrils, slightly calming his racing heart.