I couldn't resist

A few months later

Lindsey gasped, his eyes following the woman, he loved more than anything, walking down the aisle towards him. She looked exceptional, in a custom made ivory gown, her hair in soft bangs, with flowers in it. It took them over fourty years, but they were finally getting married.

“You’re so beautiful.” Lindsey whispered when she joined him.

“Damn nervous too.” He laughed lightly, taking her hand in his.

Nobody really expected a Fleetwood Mac wedding anymore, they all had given up hope. The fact Lindsey and Stevie pulled through was absolutely fascinating. She was sixty six and he was sixty five, but nobody cared about that. Love is love, no matter what gender or age, or anything else. Especially to the pair that were the center of attention.

When it was time for the rings, Lindsey’s youngest daughter, Stella, presented them, dressed in a matching dress to the one Stevie was wearing. She was so gracious his kids accepted their situation, it was crazy just how understanding they were at such a young age.

Lindsey started counting seconds when he would here the words, 'You may now kiss the bride', he hadn't seen her since the moment she kissed him goodnight and went to sleep in a separate bedroom the night before. It wasn't something he appreciated, but he wouldn't say a word, this was Stevie's day. 

“I would have never in a million years imagined it, but… congratulations Stephanie Lynn and Lindsey Adams Buckingham.” Christine threw her arms around the newlyweds. “I am so happy for you, one way or the other this was ought to happen. Ages ago, but it doesn’t matter now.”

“Thank you, Chris. And thank you Mick for allowing us this gorgeous place.” Stevie hugged the drummer. 

“It’s my pleasure, guys. This is the least I could do. I am after all opening up this place for weddings, what better way than to start out with yours, right? And you're welcome to stay here if you like, no better place for a honeymoon than Maui?”

“Appreciate it, Mick.” Lindsey added.

They went to their other guests to accept their congratulations, take pictures and have mindless chatter. The party was nothing like their previous years. Yes, there was alcohol, but it wasn’t getting into their system until they’d pass out. The guests were the absolute closest friends and family, so everyone knew each other well, there was no awkwardness or any need for the bride and groom to introduce one person to the other.

Stevie and Lindsey were rejoining the party after a walk on the beach. He held her hand firmly, not taking his eyes off of her for a moment. “You’ve always been beautiful to me, but today… Stevie, you look... You honestly took my breath away.”

“You don’t look too bad yourself, Mr Buckingham.”

“Thank you, Mrs Buckingham.” They grinned at each other the way sixteen year old kids in love do. “I love the sound of that.”

“So do I, Linds.”

They were brought back out of their bubble by Stella running towards them. “Mom!” Then she stilled and so did Stevie. "I... I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay, sweetheart."

"You know, you're right. You are Mom now!" That one word made Stevie emotional, she brushed a tear away, looking at Lindsey, who gave her an ecouraging smile, then back to Stella. "Did I upset you?"

"You didn't, I just... It sounds really beautiful."

"You're beautiful!"

She had to hug the girl. Only a few months had passed, but Stella got very attached to Stevie, she was the youngest and she obviously needed a mother the most out of the three Buckingham children, and Stevie tried her best to be one for her. "Did you have something to tell me, precious?”