Untitled Part 1

Dear readers this is to let you know that this story has been continued from the previous one with the same name but a different cover, please read that before you read this, thanks, continue to read, enjoy and do comment

That evening Ian wore good clothes but he made sure to apply a very seductive aftershave or atleast the the adds vouched that  it was so though he had never had to try too hard to get a girl laid, he wondered what it was about Prescilla that had him so enraptured. Hell! she definitely wasnt one of his usual types he liked his women to be fit, tall and athletic type so that he could easily have sex with them to his hearts content without worrying about hurting them in the process after all sex was a two way traffic, he made sure his ladies always enjoyed as much as he did and thats what had all of them swoon for him, his latest girlfriend was his longest a total of 6 months had been spent with her. Estelle was a beauty and a tigress in bed, she had been sucessful to hold his interest for solong precisely for this reason.Though a business woman herself she often took advice from him in matters of her business.He was proud of her success and of having her as his goirlfriend ."Wonder what shell have to say about my decision to marry?" he thought to himself.Probably she would attack him physically as she had the tendency to become violent at times, then he would kiss her and as usual one thing would would lead to another."I should ask her to meet me tonight and let her know." he thought and felt himself harden by Estelles vision and her reaction. He was feeling elated at the prospect of baking his cake and eating it too.

The guests started arriving by 4.30 p.m. and his  favourite one arrived by 5.p.m.He greeted them well, being the perfect host that he was, infact his aunt seemed surprised by his latest good behaviour, but she didnt say anything as usual. He supposed it was because she knew his intentions.Tea was well organised, his aunt had been very good at these types of functions.Different kinds of pattisery and savoury tit bits had been arranged by her. The guests were enjoying themselves though Prescilla seemed like a quite type and didnt talk much, so he tried to draw her out by asking hermundane questions. "So, where have you been in Calcutta, how long have you been here and how long do you plan to stay here?" he asked her.She looked at him and it seemed to him that she could see him perfectly, he definitely wouldnt have known that she was blind if he hadnt been told about it.His heart beat a little faster as he gazed at her eyes and heard her answers."Ive been here for a week now and have only had ice creams on Strand Road, my sister seems very busy" she seemed a little piqued about it, " and I have only 3 more weeks before I fly back." "Would you mind very much if I would ask your permission to take you for outtings during your stay here?"he asked her."I dont know...." she said uncertainly. "Before you think too much, let me remind you that your sister knows us pretty well and we belong to a very respected family, theres nothing you should fear from me Iam only talking a gentlemanly interest in your interests thats all." "Well, if Leena has no objection, then I would be highly pleased with your indulgence." she responded. Suddenly he addressed her sister "Sr. Leena would you object to my talking your sister out for dinner tonight? She hasnt been out much from the time she has come here and she has agreed to come out with me and only awaits your compliance" he said. Leena thought for some time then said "Yes young man you may but make sure that she returns to the guest house on time and she remains safe." her sister answered.Prescilla was surprised at what  Ian had to say. She had been prepared to go out with him but hadnt expected him to take her outing today itself thank God she was well dressed. After some time as the guests started drifting away they left the house too.He took her to The taj coffee shop. On the way she learnt that though an Indian their family had converted to christianity 5 generations ago.He seemed like a very friendly person.He had an Indian accent but his  english itself was fluent.She on her behalf had told him that she had lost both her parents in a car accident lately, just after she had finished giving her high school finals. Before starting anything more permanent or long enduring in nature she wanted to visit her sister in India."How do you move about without a stick or some support, how come you dont falter, please dont mind my asking its just that Iam curious about your great acheivement of operating just like any other normal person?" he questioned her. "Oh! I havent been blind from my childhood, I had fallen from a swing in the park when I was 10 years old and after that I have never been able to see, my parents tried to restore my sight but they couldnt go beyond a certain level, my father had been an ordinary parish priest, you see, thats why I can gauge distances from the source of the sound or the person speaking."  "Your explanation is going beyong my head, have you never had any mishaps or accidents before?" he asked. "I mostly travel with someone or the other, sometimes when it is absolutely necessary I venture out alone but only to known places, even to come to Calcutta I was escorted by my ex boyfriend, hes doing me a favour  as a gift for ditching me after going around for 2 years, Ill be going back withj him too." she sounded and looked so sorrowful that he wanted to stop the car and take her into his arms to comfort her but he didnt, as it is he was surprised that someone like her could be ditched, was her boyfriend crazy, couldnt he see what a jewel she was, anyway it was his loss and Ians gain, he shrugged his shoulders but kept silent as he manuvered his car into the tajs courtyard.

SETTING: THE COFFE SHOP;9 p.m.

"I thought that since we had a heavy tea we could have a light dinner so I came here to a coffe shop I hope you dont mind?" he began but she interrupted him "Whats there to mind Mr.Mallik, as it is i feel this is a very posh place, the ambience is quiet too and very restful." "How do you know that I have brought you to a posh place?" he was puzzled. "Well I may be blind but my senses arent blind at all, I can feel the thick capetting under my feet, the sweat smelling air the crisply folded napkins, the arrangement of cutlery on the table and most of all I can hear the softly spoken rich class people." she wanted to add that she had known that he wouldnt be a ,man who would bring her to anything less than this, his rich timbered voice as well as his well mannered sentences had assured her of that atleast, but she didnt, something made her a little wary of him or maybe it was just  that he was only an unknown stranger in her life. He was clearly impressed  with her astuteness, "Wow"

After ordering for both of them a light snack and a red wine to go with it he chatted with her some more questioning her about her life. She freely told him the difficulty she had faced while changing from the normal method of studying to using brail, she even laughed at herself citing some of the more tricky situations she had faced.He liked that about her instantly that inspite of having such a handicap she was willing to take life as it came and not being morosed all the time. Soon their food came and while they were eating he commemted "So how come you are so short, I thought the average height for English ladies was around 5.5" or 5.6"?" "Yeah! Iam a real shortie, what can I say I guess I never grew up" she laughed, but then on a more serious note " After I fell my parents were real scared of my joining any  serious sports or exercising too much and so was I, I was traumatised and had to go in for clinical help..." "As in psychiatrists help he interrupted" "...Yes, so as I was saying I was not so merry then as you see me now, infact I have a mortal fear of becoming fat or I may fall off or become imbalanced, so this is me, shortie of the century." she giggled. :Aw! come on you arent a dwarf exactly."