Twilight

Just as Bella began telling the story I noticed that Renesmee seemed eager to hear the whole story from the beginning. Everyone in the room was silent except for Bella who began.

"It started at Forks High. I was sitting with Jessica, Angela, Mike and Eric at our table when they walked in. First was Rosalie and Emmett then Alice and Jasper and lastly Edward. From the moment I made eye contact with him it was as if he was a industrial sized magnet and I a simple paperclip. I was drawn to him." She paused.

"And I was drawn to Bella only I was the simple paperclip and she the magnet. Charlie, the day I first encountered your daughter it scared me because vampires don't change physically and rarely change mentally. It was like a wildfire was lit inside me, only the fire couldn't be extinguished. Her blood-"

Charlie held up his hand. "Please don't tell me you sucked my daughters blood." He snapped.

Bella giggled. "Of course not dad. Edward continue, he said he wanted to know everything."

I grinned. "For over a century I had not had human blood allure me as hers did. It took all my strength and will to not-"

"A- a century? But you are 18." Charlie interrupted again.

I shook my head. "I'm 17 and have been for 109 years." I gave it a few seconds to sink into his mind before I continued. "It took all my strength and will to not want to suck every drop of blood from her body that first day." Charlie's body went rigid. "When the day was over I left Forks and went to stay with my cousins in Denali for a week. I needed to better understand what was happening to me and what I should do."

"That day in biology with him I thought from the way he looked at me that he hated me so I planned on confronting him and asking him what his problem was the next time I saw him only we ended up having a civilized conversation about the weather and why I moved to Forks." Bella chuckled.

"Then after school-" I heard Bella's breath hitch as she remembered the day. "I was waiting for Rosalie and Emmett by the car with Alice and Jasper when I saw it. I saw the van go out of control and head towards Bella. Then I saw it hit her and she was gone."

"That's a load of crap the van never hit my daughter." Charlie snapped.

"He saw it from Alice's thoughts." Bella explained.

"Some vampires have gifts and my family, well most of it, has them. I can read minds and Alice can see the future."

"Okay, well what am I thinking about." Charlie challenged.

I looked into his mind. "You are thinking about fishing next weekened with Billy and the fish fry for dinner."

Charlie eyes widened for a millisecond. "Okay, I guess he can read minds. Continue with the story."

I nodded my head. "Like I mentioned, Alice can see the future and she saw the van crushing Bella. At the same time she was having the vision I was reading it from her mind. Before I could explain my actions I was running across the parking lot at vampire speed. In the next couple seconds I had put myself between Bella and the van and used my strength to push it away."

"You saved my daughters life?" Charlie asked in disbelief.

"Dad I mentioned that in the emergency room remember? I said to Carlisle if Edward hadn't have been there-"

"Oh yeah. I guess I didn't realize that until now." He said as he ran his fingers over his stubble before taking another swig from the beer.

"That was the day I knew I would do anything to keep her safe."