Phoenix

THE GIRL TO THE RIGHT IS RHIANNON

Instead of retreating back to the confinements of the house we sat out by the lake.

For the first time in several months the sun broke through the clouds causing us all to shine, with the exception of those that weren't full vampires, they glowed beautifully.

After attempting to penetrate her mind for several long minutes without success I finally brought myself to confront Samara.

"How did you come about your gift?" I asked her.

She looked at me and then dropped her gaze to her Zelda who sat beside her picking at the grass.

"She doesn't speak, hasn't since she was born again." Zelda said without looking away from the grass she was playing with. "It was originally just myself and Rhiannon. While Samara was in the middle of her transformation the building we were in exploded." She picked up a nicely sized stone and squeezed it until it crumbled into dust. "Boom." She whispered eerily. "Samara had a few minutes left in her transformation when this happened so we all assume that's where she got her gift." She finished.

"That is quite remarkable." I replied.

Rhiannon smirked. "If you think so you should meet Seraphina that girl is on fire."

"Literally." Zelda added. "She won't be here though because she tries to stay away from things that could ignite easily." Zelda took a few moments to herself before she spoke. "How did you die?" She asked me. "I know about my sisters deaths and your beautiful wife but what about you and your family."

I confided in her and her sisters about Carlisle changing me in order to preserve my life as I was dying of Spanish influenza. Then Jasper told his story followed by Alice and then Emmett. Both Esme and Rosalie didn't feel comfortable telling their stories as it brought alot of pain to them.

"I find Bella's story the most fascinating of them all." Rhiannon said. "It's beautiful and you have a beautiful Phoenix who was born from the ashes."

I watched as Bella's face contorted slightly with confusion. "A what?"

Rhiannon pointed to Renesmee who was riding on Jacobs back who was in his wolf form. Rhiannon's nose scrunched up at the sight of Jacob but then relaxed again.

"A life born from the ashes of death, she is like a Phoenix." Rhiannon replied. "The fiery bird." She said mimicking a bird flying with her hands.

"I don't think she is a dull girl Rhiannon." Zelda said.

"No, it's okay I was just trying to understand the reference." Bella said.

Just then Jacob walked over to us and knelt down so Renesmee could get off. He then nuzzled his nose against Renesmee's cheek before he licked her and ran off towards the woods.

"Where is he going?" Renesmee thought.

"He is going to go phase so he can get dressed and eat." I replied before I moved her to sit on my lap. "You will be eating too."

"I'm not hungry." She responded.

I knew that wasn't true because her stomach was growling plus her thoughts gave her immediately away. She didn't want to leave the new company we had because she found then interesting.

Soon enough Jacob was back at our side in his human form. With Rosalie he took the children inside. Esme took it upon herself to take Jennifer out to hunt since she was a vampire.

"So you know that attempting to rid the Volturi is treason right?" Zelda preceded to spontaneously ask. I nodded my head. "If we don't succeed we will perish for our actions."

"They were already planning to kill us. They want to take my daughter and I won't allow it." Bella responded. "If we die I want to make sure I take as many with me as I can. Then maybe my daughter will have a chance to live a long life."

"They want the little Phoenix?" Rhiannon asked. "We will definitely fight to protect this one. She is a treasure. If it comes down to it I will take her under my wing and hide her."

Bella's eyes grew wide and I could feel the desperation rolling off her body in huge waves.

"You would really do that for me, for my daughter?" She exclaimed.

Rhiannon took Bella's hands and kissed them. "I will protect the Phoenix if its the last thing I do."

A smile flittered across my face as Bella leaned into my arms. If we didn't survive, if we knew we were losing the battle Rhiannon could take Renesmee away and use her gift to keep her safe and hidden. This seemed to ease my mood of the future war that was certain to come. My daughters future was protected now all I had to do was make sure I could do the same for my wife.