Chapter 7

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- Author's Note!

I must be dreaming; 200+ reads already?! Ugh, you guys spoil me too much.

══════════════════

Y/N's POV

The smaller ship flies back up to the opening underneath the main one, as I clutch my stomach, trying not to hurl. Jim had flown so fast, and done so many tricks, it was like we were on the solar sail again. Plus, I thought it was a good idea to try some moves of my own. He rubs my back, smirking at me. I punch him in the shoulder, and say, "This is all your fault."

He smiles toothily, shuffling to one of the ends of the boat to pull it up.

"Oh please," he says, "you were the one who decided to experiment with 360s and such."

I poke my tongue out, running over to help him, grunting as I pull at the ropes. We slide down, the boat tilting. We look over at Silver, snickering.

"Having a little trouble there?" Jim chuckles.

"Get away from me," Silver laughs, hitting us with his hips as we get pushed back to our side of the boat. "Oh, Jimbo, Y/N. If I could maneuver a skiff like that when I was your age, they'd be bowing in the streets when I walked by today."

Morph shape-shifts into a mini version of Silver, while he slumps down on the chair.

"'Bowing in the streets'," he mimics.

"I don't know," Jim says, tying a rope to the boat. "They weren't exactly singing our praises when we left home."

He sits down on the chair, me sitting across from him. Morph and Silver sigh happily, sinking into their seats. Jim looks over at me with sudden anticipation, making me tilt my head.

"But I'm going to change all that," he says.

"Hm?" I hum in a questioning manner.

"Are you now? How so?" Silver asks, stroking Morph.

Jim's expression suddenly changes to uncertainty, making me snort.

"You coulda at least thought about it before saying it," I suggest, snickering to myself.

"Uh-" Jim falters. "I got some plans. Gonna make people see a little different."

He glances over at me as he says his sentence, before resting his arms against the side of the boat, his head on his arms. Silver smirks at me, and I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Ooh," Silver sighs, looking down at Morph. "Sometimes plans go astray."

"Not this time," Jim says, getting comfortable in his spot.

"I'm sure Jim will achieve his goal! I believe in him," I comment.

Silver hums with doubt in his voice, setting his robotic leg on the chair. I look down at it, examining all the different parts. Morph turns into a wrench to assist Silver.

"Oh, thanks Morphy," Silver smiles.

Jim and I look at each other, frowning.

"So, how'd that happen, anyway?" I ask, shuffling over next to Jim.

Silver looks up at us, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You give up a few things chasing a dream," he sighs, glaring at his robot hand.

"Was it worth it?" Jim questions.

"Heh," Silver chuckles slightly.

He gets up, and sits down next to us with a sigh. He wraps his arms around our shoulders, Jim's arm finding its way around my waist.