Chapter 6

~~~

"Put some elbow into it!" Silver demands, as Jim and Y/N try to pluck things off from under the ship.

~~~

Y/N and Jim sit on a bunch of barrels, peeling potatoes reluctantly. Jim looks up at the window above.

I am a question to the world.

~~~

Young Jim looks out the window, his mother behind him.

Not an answer to be heard.

Sarah places her hands on Jim's shoulder, hugging him closer to her.

Or a moment that's held in your arms.

~~~

And what do you think you'd ever say?

Silver holds out a rope to Jim and Y/N.

I won't listen anyway.

He creates a knot using the rope, showing Jim and Y/N how to tie it. Jim looks away, bored.

You don't know me.

Silver looks back at the two with a smug smile, only to see that they've already tied it.

And I'll never be what you want me to be.

He looks down, and notices the two walking on the side of the ship, their arms around each other. He looks at the ropes in his hands, and smiles to himself.

And what do you think you'd understand?

Jim and Y/N scrub the floor harshly, looking up as Silver places his hands on his hips.

I'm a boy, no I'm a man.

Jim stands up and leans closer to Silver, as Silver throws another bucket into his hands.

You can take me, and throw me away.

Jim and Y/N sigh, continuing to scrub the deck.

~~~

Young Jim sits in the middle of a rug, fiddling with a toy ship.

And how can you learn what's never shown?

He stares at the toy proudly, and looks up as the door opens. A male figure walks in.

Yeah, you stand here on your own.

Jim stands up and shows his dad his toy with a smile.

They don't know me

His dad ruffles his hair, walking past him and not acknowledging the toy. Jim frowns.

'Cause I'm not here!

~~~

Jim and Y/N stand on a horizontal pole, admiring the night sky.

And I want a moment to be real!

Jim's arms are around Y/N's waist, keeping her steady and secure in case she was to fall. The wind pushes past their hair, making it fly all over the place.

~~~

Want to touch things I don't feel!

Jim and Y/N sit against a wall in the kitchen, watching Silver tell a story to the crewmembers.