Chapter 16: Youth

"W-What do we have to do now?" Troylen was clinging on my arm, trembling. His happiness before was changing into fear. I did say that we needed some thrills, but I didn't expect shit to really go down.

I quickly whispered to them. "Quick! Execute the first emergency plan!"

"Huh? Emergency plan? What emergency plan?" Rannier asked me in confusion. Well, it was obvious that he didn't know because I made it up just now.

"Hide under the table! Let Bronte deal with the rest!"

"Wait, what is that supposed to mean?"

Before the arctos could complain any further, I dragged Troylen under the table, followed by Rannier. Bronte, who was left alone and confused, ended up making eye contact with our PE teacher.

"Huh? Why is there a kid here?" Mr. Scott mumbled while going toward us. "Wait a minute, aren't you the student who always skips my class?"

Before long, he was standing in front of our table. Because our table's sides were covered by two couches and a wall plus it was dim here we were well hidden, although our escape route was blocked by his legs. Damn, what nice legs he had. But how could he last in this cold weather wearing only tight training pants and a gym jacket?

Bronte himself tried to act indifferent in the face of the man that was glaring at him. "So what? Is there any reason why I can't be here?"

"Of course there's! This isn't a place a minor like you should be!" He shouted. Some patreon glanced at the commotion.

"Oh please Mr. Scott, don't be such an old-fashioned teacher like that. Who would dare forbid me to go where I wanted to?"

"I dare, Bronte Patterson. You know, I always try to tolerate you since the principal told me to go easy on you. But my patience isn't without limit." The tigris put his hand on his waist. "Not only do you always skip my class, but you are also playing around in places like this. Don't you think that just because you are from a big family you can do whatever you want!"

"'Places like this', huh?" Bronte rolled his eyes. "Ok, that's funny. Then what are you doing here, teacher?"

"Th-that's not your business!" He stuttered.

"Oh yeah?" Bronte started to smile and scoff. "I didn't know our teacher actually likes playing around in places like these. I wonder how our class is going to react to this?"

Mr. Scott became red with anger. "T-This bastard..."

Oh wow, it was rare for someone to stand upright in front of Bronte. This teacher was not your average teacher it seemed. I have to give this adult more credit for that.

"Then what are you going to do, teacher? Winter break has already started. There is no way for me to get punished right away right? Or will the punishment start when winter break is over?"

"Of course! You- Wait, who's plates are these?"

Oh shit, he found out that the number of our plates didn't match up with the one person in front of him. You didn't even need to be a detective to know what it meant.

He looked at the table suspiciously. "Are you here with your friends? Where are they?"

Mr. Scott glanced around the place. This was bad. If this continued sooner or later he would find us.

I whispered to the rest. "Quick! Second emergency plan executed!!!"

"What's the second plan!?"

"Run!!!"

I grabbed Troylen and Rannier's hands and rushed out from under the table. Mr. Scott who was in our way ended up being taken by surprise and falling on his butt.