(22) Degraded

Chapter 22 

Katie's POV

After the event outside Z had brought me inside and ordered me to change and meet them in the living room once I was done.

I had changed into a pair of skinny jeans, a purple v-neck and a light jacket over the top. That's when Shane, Jason and Nate walked in.

"Katharine! What the hell were you thinking?" Shouted Jason, I winced.

"Dude, we agreed we weren't going to shout at her." Nate calmed, but I could see he was angry too.

"I'm sorry, I really am. It won't happen again. PROMISE" I tried the puppy dog face but they didn't react.

"Nope, no way are you weaselling at out of this that easy, Katie you're going to be punished." Shane was always the wisest and even though the boys had said they would run the pack together, nothing really happened without Shane knowing or his consent.

I was curious, I had never really been properly punished before, normally it just a round of silent treatments or I had to do the washing up for a week.

"Punished how?" I cocked my head to the side, nearing Z's shoulder.

 "Your grounded" once the words came out of his mouth I could feel mind gaping open, no way. That's actually real, I thought I was just made up thing people had in movies and TV shows, I never knew it actually happen.

 "You can't ground me, NO!" I insisted quickly putting my thoughts into actual words. I got up out of Z's hold and stood up to them.

"Too bad, you're grounded and there is nothing you can do about it. No friends, no MATE" he said looking over at Z, who quite frankly look appalled

 "More chores around the house and you can't attend Pack meetings for one week" They looked at each before nodding a crossing their arms in synchronisation.

WHAT! You really can't be serious!" They kept silent. I turned to Z for help

"Z help me out here, please tell me that you find this completely stupid" I begged him with my eyes. He shook his head, my heart dropped.

"No they're right Katie, you went against orders from all four of us and put yourself in danger, the punishment seems reasonable, apart from the 'no mate' part" he glared at my brothers.

"What! Z you're meant to be on my side, you know mates stick together and all that shit." I gave him the most evil glare I could muster up and walked off.

Zeadon's Pov

She gave me a hurtful glare and walked off, making my insides turn solid. I stared at the spot where I last saw her leave. I hated myself for doing that, but if making her upset means she would keep the punishment -the punishment that would make her safe, I would take that any day