(8) Embraced

Chapter 8

Zeadon POV

Finally, I led Katie into her party. My angel is seventeen today. I quickly tried to remember any shops I had seen on the way here, but came up with nothing. I would have to ask her brothers later on. But what would she like?  Does she like pink? That should be easy just go into a shop and pick out the pinkest things they have. But what if she’s a tomboy? She doesn’t look like a tomboy, she’s wearing a dress. I couldn’t help but let my eyes rake down her body, it was glorious. My wolf and I wanted to take her right then and  there on this small little stone. We sat down in what I thought was their dining room. It was decorated in a dark forest green floral wallpaper, accompanied with lighter purple lining the walls. I pulled my mate’s chair out for her. 

When we reached the does she know were mates, normally the males feel the bond more strongly than females, and it's twice as strong for Alphas? I bet she doesn’t even know. I want to surprise her and tell in some fancy way. Maybe a restaurant...stop talking to yourself a talk to her... you might have not noticed the freakish look she gave you?!

"Happy birthday Katie." I smiled at her.

"Thank you, I don’t normally throw parties, I guess I wanted a change today-" she cuts herself off, probably wondering why she said all that.

"What were you previously like?" I copied her earlier gesture by cocking my head to the side.

"I don’t know... shy? Quiet? I didn’t really like socializing with people. Most of people are too scared to even think about me when my brothers are around.” 

She was quiet and shy? No way. She looks like a total partier.

"Really? To me you seem comfortable in this surrounding." I did a twirl with my finger.

She seemed a bit taken aback by that. 

“Really? I seem okay?  Because right know I’m freaking out that there’s  three hunded or more in my house either drinking or having sex!" 

I laughed and she hit me in the arm playfully.

"It is not funny." she exclaims loudly a couple near up turn to look at her like she had three heads. 

she smiled and waved back completely embarrassed.

"How is it not funny?" I asked her while chuckling at her little outburst.

"I don’t know, tomorrow morning I might find a guy half naked in my bed drunk, my house a mess, and the odd people passed out of my sofa. While I’m probably getting held down my some drunk jock wannabe." 

Wow. I got angry at the thought of some other guy touching her, he’d be sorry if he did.

"There’s no way I would let someone do that to you." I said mostly to myself.

But of course she heard it.

"Why? Your Alpha control won’t work on these humans!" She just has to ask the most unanswerable question. 

I quickly thought of something.

"Your,  Erm brothers would kill me  if I ever let anything happen to you. I don’t know about you but I would kind of like to stay alive." I half-heartily chuckled. I saw, what looked like to me as disappointment?

What is that what she didn’t want to hear? My wolf growled lowly at me.

"Oh," She said. 

Does she know we are mates and is waiting for me to make the first move? Is this how low I will become that I’ll spend the rest of  my days wanting to know if my mate is all right and if I can do anything to make it better? I thought to myself, I don’t care. Katie is my world and no one is taking her away from me. I thought about my life before, and everything seems to be better with her around me. I have only known her for a short while, but everything seems brighter, clearer, with Katie around. I came back to reality when I noticed she wasn’t sitting in her seat. I panicked as my eyes quickly searched the room. When I saw her, my heart started to slow but it wasn’t long before it spiked in speed when I saw who she was with. Katie was leaning against the wall, looking quite panicked, as a taller boy was leaning over her with his arm stretched out over her shoulders. My wolf growled lowly at his close contact with her. I quickly marched over to the guy took his arm away from her and threw it back his stomach. He groaned at the quick impact but I couldn’t care less. 

"If you want to keep your arms, I suggest you never put them near her again." I was beyond angry, but again Katie was near so I would have to control it. Nevermind the humans in the room.

"Whatever man,  I had her first, she’s mine.” He stroked her arm again. 

Katie flinched at his touch. 

That’s it! I again grabbed his arm twisted it so his hand came out of place and moved it behind his back. I heard three snaps. There goes his arm. I pushed him hard onto the floor, with a growl coming from my chest. 

Suddenly, I turned around I could literally feel my face relax with relief as I saw her relaxing. Her fear was gone and I could feel her sense of safety in the room. I grabbed her in a tight embrace, never wanting to let go. I wrapped one arm around her waist feeling her smooth curves of her body. While the other surrounding her head as if she was a small child. I placed my head in the crook of her neck taking in deep breaths calming my breathing. I was happy that she felt safe around me, our close embrace created addictive tingly feelings around my body making me want more of her. I smiled against her neck as she relaxed into my embrace. I tightened my hold on her head as she lowered it on to my shoulder. My wolf proud at his ability to calm her. She smelled heavenly and I wanted more of it. Though the moment was cut short by  three oh so familiar growls coming from behind me. 

Great...