Red eyed man

When I was 15 I would cry at night when it's was dark in my room because he'd watched me, like he did every night. His eyes peer through my window, my soul. They are dark red as fresh blood would be. I know not his name or if he's even real. My mum and dad always shrug me off when I talk about him stealing my sanity. He's never talked to me or touched me so I let him watch. It's got weirder as I was getting older but I let it be. The next morning was like every other morning, breakfast then off to school for another boring ass day. At least I get to see my friends. Then home again. I went out to the backyard and into the woods where I can relax in my chair and made read a book. But I noticed something in the bushes it was him. My body shook what was he doing and what was he holding? I inched over to him so not to be to so noisy, I didn't want to face the consequences if he turned and saw me. I looked in his hands and saw blood and flesh...it was my cat...Jordan. We had thought he ran away from home a few week ago but now I know better. I ran into my house and to get my mind off the instinct I watched Peter Pan reminding myself I was safe when it was day time. When night slowly approached I was apprehensive about going into my room. He wasn't there yet but he would be soon so I tried to go to sleep before he got there. I fell asleep but was awaken by a series of taps and scratching from my window or door I was half asleep so nothing was making since. I opened my eyes and looked at the clock it was 3:47 and then I closed my eyes again not wanting to look at the window. All of the sudden that tapping and scratching became aggressive like he WANTED me to look at him so I did. I looked into his blood red eyes. He was mouthing words which was strange he never did this. He opened my window which was mind boggling because my window was locked as always. It creaked open, he slid in like a snake. My body was shaking. He sat down on my bed and looked at my hand and took them in his thin white ones. And then he said something that sent chills down my spin. "I love you and I've been watching and waiting for you to turn 18 but I can't wait." He hugged me. It felt like he was sucking my soul out. I looked into his eyes. "How do you know me?" I managed to make out. "You don't remember me?" He looked like he was about to cry. "No sir." My voice was still shaking. "I met you in your past life." He paused looking down and before he could tell me the story there was a loud bang from downstairs. "Dammit!" He yelled letting go of my hands. "Wha- what...? What was that?" I stammered. "I was told I would be punished for the rest of entirety if I came for you before your 18th birthday" he said sighing. My body was shaking even more than previously. He fled without a goodbye. After that night he didn't come back.

Now I am 23 years of age. I haven't seen the man with dark red eyes in 8 years. Until last night, I was in my bed after a really long day at school then work sleep was creeping up on me and my body. I was almost asleep when I heard tapping on my door or window I though it was just my roommate who was always losing her keys. So I got up and threw my hair up in a messy bun. I walked over to the door and opened it. I was face to face with darkness nobody there I called out her name. "Kailtyn?" No answer again I called "Kaitlyn this isn't funny!" I called a little louder. She was a prankster I swear. "Kailtyn?" I heard rustling in the woods beside our house. She wasn't giving up easily I guessed. Okay I can play this game I said in my head. "No Mr. Killer" I screamed "Help! Help!" I walked to the entrance of the woods. The trees had faces I swear they were depressing. That's when I heard someone or something in the nearest tree to my left. I turned to it thinking I would see her but to my surprise I heard her car pulling up into the drive in the distance. I looked back at the trees I saw something scurry off through the trees I ran like hell back towards the house. I ran into her arms and buried my head in her neck. "Well this is a nice welcome home." She said smiling jokingly and pushed me off not really like affection. We walked inside "So what has you worked up?" She said putting away the groceries she bought. "I saw him." I said shakily. "What?" She said looking at me like I was crazy. "I saw him. The red eyed man." I said looking at the floor. "Jess that isn't fucking funny. What is it are you pregnant or something? Are you lesbian? What the fuck is wrong with you?" She said loudly. "I FUCKING SAW HIM." I screamed. I had never told anyone about him. The moment was going over and over again in my mind. Those eyes meeting mine again after all this time. "Okay you saw him okay I get it. Who's this man?" She said sitting at the counter with me. I told her everything, every detail. She was terrified. I asked her to sleep with me and she did it was 3:47. I heard the tapping and scratching on the window. I looked at the window and there he was. My body relaxed like I was expecting him to appear after all this time. I shook Kailtyn and she woke up mad. She's not a morning person at all. "What the fuck do you want?" She said looking at the clock it had not changed in what felt like 5 minutes it was still 3:47. "He's here"
She looked at my eyes they were fixed on the window. He was peering into my soul like he did when I was 15. He asked why I was in a bed with another. My body was frozen he was even more decrepit then last time I saw him. It was like his "flesh" was rotting at ten fold now. And he had a smell now. He smelled like rotting meat. And cooper like blood. Was he eating people or animals? I didn't care to know. He was reading my thoughts I guess. I was thinking at the back of my mind why wasn't he trying to get in. He undid the latch breaking it. And slid in as he did when I was 15. Jasmine was screaming. She must of tore her vocal cords because after awhile she was just squeaking. He looked into my eyes like a wounded animal. "I never got to tell you the story did I?" He said half whispering like he was dying. "What happened to you?" I said. "I was suppose to kiss you on your 18th birthday well get to that." He said weakly. "I was 19 when I met you in your past life." By now Kailtyn was quiet shaking but listening. "You were 17 at the time we fell in love and I proposed to you. But then you fell deathly sick with tuberculosis. And died a few days before your 18th birthday. I made a deal with God that if he let me come back and find you. And he told me if you kissed me I would turn back into my normal self but it had to happen on you 18th birthday or I would start disappearing my flesh would rot. I would die completely I need you to turn me back. Please I love you." Kailtyn was so confused yet really in aw. I looked into those red eyes. I looked at him nasty disgusting lips and back into his eyes I kissed him. After I did. He started turning into a handsome young man about my age. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. Kailtyn was in shock. But I looked at him as if I was greeting an old friend.