Is this the end?

"Ikada. You're talking to the ones we are about to kill yet you can't talk to me. Why exactly?"

Kakashi said holding a cup of water as he moved from kitchen to bedroom where Ikada was. They had rented an apartment kind of room for there was nothing else available, so it seemed like their previous homes only with kitchen and everything.

Finally she chose to speak this moment but whatever words oozed out of her mouth didn't make Hatake feel any better.

"And why do you think I should tell you something? I'm here for the mission and I'm doing everything I can to fulfill it and as per my knowledge goes I've already told you what I know about my past now. If I learn something else I'll tell you that too. I know you guys are very much curious about me. You guys are very dubious about me these days and I already sense that clearly. But that's alright. It just wasn't expected of you to lie to me."

Kakashi hurriedly made his way to her taking a seat beside her. Looking pleadingly into her eyes he said

"No Ikada I never wanted to hide anything from the beginning but hell I'm bound."

He was about to continue saying something when Ikada cut him in the middle

"You're bound cause you're a shinobi and I understand that. It's just that it feels weird and this weird feeling is something I've never felt in a long time. I wanted at least one person to be proud of me and trust me that even my own parents couldn't do but it's alright. I think if I was in your place I would've doubted too."

She barely had any facial muscles twitching. They were abnormally relaxed.

He enclosed both of her tiny hands in his bigger ones

"No Ikada I know you would've talked to me about it. And don't you think that I don't trust you. I do trust you more than I do myself. It's just that the current situation is something else. And don't worry it's not even your fault for what you are or what you might turn into-"

Hatake halted his mere explanation when he discerned what he was saying. Ikada still wasn't aware of that sight of her transformation that left all of them petrubed.

Ikada twitched her eyebrows in suspicion and gestured him to continue but Kakashi just gawked for a few seconds thinking about what to say next

"Ika I mean it's not your fault that you belong to the Dragon's clan but we also need to know the answers about your past without hurting you."

"Don't get away with that. What do you mean by who I am and what I might turn into ?" she asked with a calmer tone.

"Ikada that was a slip of tongue-"

"Do you realise that if I want I can simply use my jutsu to know whatever you're hiding without you even knowing about it, but do you know why I never did that? Cause I believe you and I trust you. I feel that if you trust me enough you'll tell me but I guess I was wrong."

"Ika listen to me-"

"Goodnight...I'm tired. For tomorrow we need energy. You should sleep now."

She turned away to the other side covering the covers up to her head before trying to sleep.

Kakashi gave a long sigh. At least she spoke. And at least she understands why I did what I did. By the tone of her she doesn't seem too sad by it but I guess she's actually hurt a little. I'll make it upto you once the mission is completed. My Ika. How come am I so lucky to get such an understanding girl? Oh kami...
.
.
.

In the morning

"So Ikada I wanted to know why would someone ask for more products when they already themselves have them?"