番外五

"hyung! he is coming soon, hurry up!"

wooyoung exclaims as he urges seonghwa to quickly put the last candle on the table. after he puts the last candle on the table, litting it up with a lighter, seonghwa steps back to admire the hard work he did with his friends.

from the extrance leading up to the balcony, everywhere was covered with dried rose petals and litted candles, creating a small pathway. the lights are off to make the mood more romantic and the raven haired male couldn't be anymore proud of himself.

seonghwa makes a quick smile before he hears the door open. in the blink of an eye, wooyoung zooms to the nearest room without hongjoong seeing him, where all the others are hiding right now, and flashes a quick thumbs up to seonghwa.

seonghwa curtly tilts his head in acknowledgement and faces hongjoong, who is currently standing at the door, mouth and eyes wide open in shock.

he hasn't even taken off his shoes yet.

seonghwa thinks to himself as he smiles at how cute his boyfriend is. hongjoong slowly takes off his shoes, his eyes trailing around all the decorations until he meets seonghwa's.

he blinks a free times before he walks to seonghwa.

"what is all this for?"

hongjoong asked, amazement obvious in his tone as he looks around the entire living room. he looks at the table and sees 2 white plates already filled with food, seemingly freshly made from the steam created and a wine glass filled with red wine standing on the side of each plate.

"just felt like doing something a little special, you know?"

"really?"

hongjoong replies sarcastically as he faces seonghwa, lips turning upwards. he gives a quick peck on seonghwa's lips and walks to the table, ready to pull out the seat when seonghwa rushes over.

"let me do it for you."

the blonde chuckles at his boyfriend's ways and proceeds to sit down on the chair after his boyfriend pushes it in for him. hongjoong watches seonghwa walk to the opposite seat and sit down, and the both of them smile at eachother as they pick up their utensils.

the dinner officially begins.

the couple talks about their day as they ate the food, occasionally laughing and taking sips of their wine. the food is exceptionally tasty, but hongjoong doesn't bother.

anything his boyfriend makes is delicious.

when the two finally eat finish their food, seonghwa immediately covers hongjoong's eyes, letting him stand up slowly and leading him to the balcony.

"what are you doing? where are you taking me?"

hongjoong asks in a somewhat hurried and anxious tone, though a small smile is present on his face.

"you will know once you open your eyes."

when the couple finally reach their destination, seonghwa lifts his hands off his soon-to-be husband's face and watches as hongjoong looks at the big chalkboard in front of him, smile slowly warping into a small 'o' shape.

his eyes slowly widens as he reads the sentence on the chalkboard, very sure in his mind that it was seonghwa who wrote it due to the neat handwriting.

will you marry me?

hongjoong quickly turns around to face seonghwa, but is suddenly met with him kneeling down on one knee. his small hands instinctively goes to his mouth, which is now open and wide from shock.

"my dear butterfly, we have known each other since babies, and have been together since we were 17. till this day, I still remember when you smash my 7th birthday's birthday cake into my face thinking it was funny, and crying afterwards because your mother scolded you. I remember, when I saw your laughing face and meeting you for the first time that day, i felt lovestruck. immediately, all I thought of was to marry and care for you, because my parents taught me that marriage was to be with the one you love forever.

till this day, I still remember when we were 10, and we were as close as 2 little boys could possibly be. I remember you calling and introducing me as your best friend, and telling everyone how good and special I was. I remember being so happy with you, but also not, because I didn't want to be just a friend to you but something more.

till this day, i still remember when you were 14, and you were going through your first heartbreak after a failed relationship with a boy. I remember feeling so angry I wanted to kill him, because he made you suffer and cry, but stopped because I knew you would not like it. I remember, promising that I would never let you suffer and cry ever, and stay with you forever.

till this day, I still remember when you accepted my confession when were 17. I remember you laughing and crying at the same time, and hugging me as if I would disappear any moment. I remember feeling so happy I could run to Africa just to be alone with you.

and till this day, I still remember when I made the mistake of leaving you to finish my business when we were 25. I remember seeing you cry and suffer because of my mistake when I came back, and feeling angry and disappointed at myself for making it. I should have known better that doing so would make you suffer."

seonghwa stops for a moment and smiles gently as he looks at hongjoong, who is now crying and trying to keep his sniffles at bay due to the overwhelm of his emotions.

"kim hongjoong, my dear butterfly, the most beautiful and kindest gentle being of all, the love of my life, the apple of my eye, my salvation. will you marry me?"

hongjoong takes a few seconds to wipe away his tears and snot with his sleeves as he watches seonghwa open the ring box, showing a very beautiful white diamond ring.

"yes I will."

hongjoong says in a hoarsed voice, letting seonghwa put the ring on his finger and immediately hugging him tightly after.

on the 17th of november, 2018, kim hongjoong and park seonghwa got happily engaged. their friends, who quickly came out and started comforting and hugging the blonde, started crying with him as well.

indeed, a very silly and cute family, but a tight and close family nonetheless.

afterwards, the couple got married in a closed off and quiet garden area in america with only their close friends and relatives coming to the wedding. they adopted a pair of twins and are now living the best days of their life.

but that's a story, for another day.

and so, finally the story comes to an end, happily ever after.

the end.