Chapter 4: Marooning

I don't know what was more painful; the menacing laughs of the undead pirates or the explosions of the Interceptor. I haven't felt the feeling of complete hopelessness before, and it was making my stomach turn.

I was tied up against the mast next to Elizabeth and the rest of the crew. Every muscle in my body was tired from the endless fighting we all endured, and my energy had dwindled. Will was dead, and I was still trying to wrap my head around that. I did not know him long, but he was kind to me. I was catching my breath, and I anxiously wondered what Barbossa was going to do to us.

Elizabeth ducked under the rope and shouted to Barbossa, "you godless pirate!"

She tried to attack Barbossa, but his strength was far superior to hers. He grabbed at her flailing wrists and said, "welcome back, miss. You took advantage of our hospitality last time. It holds fair now you return the favor." Barbossa pushed her into his crew who grabbed at her and refused to let her move, despite her terrified screams.

Moments later, Will climbed up on board. I saw him out of the corner of my eye, so I turned my head and my smile spread across my face in relief. I truly thought that he perished in the explosion. He was soaking wet, but he was alive.

"Barbossa!" He yelled, gaining his attention. Everyone turned around, equally shocked that he was alive. He grabbed a gun and pointed it at Barbossa and ordered, "she goes free."

"What's in your head, boy?" Barbossa asked calmly. He wasn't afraid of the threat of a gun.

"She goes free," Will ordered again.

Barbossa walked right up to the gun and said smugly, "you've only got one shot, and we can't die."

Jack pleaded with his hands together, "don't do anything stupid."

Will thought for a second before running back to the ship's rail and leapt onto it

Will thought for a second before running back to the ship's rail and leapt onto it. He steadied himself with a hand on the rigging and pointed the gun at his own head while leaning out over the ocean. "You can't, but I can."

Jack sighed in defeat, "like that."

"Who are you?" Barbossa asked, obviously unaware of his true identity.

"No one, he's no one," Jack said, walking up to the horrid captain and getting in his face. "A distant cousin of my aunt's nephew, twice removed. Lovely singing voice though. Eunuch."