40.

A/N: Hey guys,
Just so that you're not confused the narrative for this chapter and the next has changed so it's no longer from Melo's narrative but from a third person narrative.
Enjoy 🙂.

"Aye Zulu...Zulu!" someone yelled and Senzo looked around to see who it was. "Zulu, come quick, bro", Tyler said, completely out of breath after having ran there from the courtyard.

"What is it?" Senzo asked.

"It's...it's Nonhle and Melo...in the courtyard" he said between breaths and as soon as Senzo heard Melo's name he rushed down the grandstands and ran straight to the courtyard with Richie and Tyler following behind him.

He got there to find a huge commotion and tried to make his way through the crowd to see what was happening while calling for Melo.

"Melo...Melo!" He yelled but by the time he got to the front and could see what was happening, Melo had lost consciousness and was heading straight for the ground.

He frantically ran over to her in an attempt to catch her before she hit the ground but he was too slow.

"Melo...Melo!" He yelled but she was unresponsive and he slowly went into a panic. "What happened? What did you do?" He yelled at Nonhle next to him who managed to get back on her feet even though she was still a bit dizzy.

"What do you mean what did I do?" She said until she saw Melo passed out in front of her and started to panic too, questioning whether this happened because of her. "Melo!" She yelled and shook her.

"Don't shake her" Senzo yelled and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm down. Okay, think back to first aid training he thought to himself and took off his blazer.

"Hey! Hey! What's happening here?" Miss Foster yelled and the crowd dispersed except for Senzo and Nonhle.

"Senzo do something!" Nonhle frantically yelled.

"I'm trying to think Nonhle, could you just keep quiet"

"Well can you think faster, I'm not trying to go to jail today"

"What happened?" Miss Forster said as she saw Melo lay unconscious on the ground. "Is she breathing?" She asked and Senzo laid her on her back and brought his head closer to hear if she was still breathing and was relieved to hear her exhale.

"Yes" He said and all three of them let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay you do what you have to do, I'll get Mr. Brian" Miss Forster said and did a little jog to the office.

Senzo took off her blazer and tie and unbuttoned her collar. He then instructed Nonhle to slightly elevate her legs to restore the blood flow to her brain while he knelt down beside her trying to remove anything else that could be tight.

"Senzo are you sure you know what you're doing, shouldn't we call an ambulance or something" Nonhle questioned and Senzo remained quiet. He knew what he was doing but just wasn't in a mood to talk to Nonhle right now. His main priority was Melo and making sure that she was okay.

Even though he didn't show it on the outside, on the inside he was panicking and his mind was racing. To think that he was in this same position again but instead of it being Mak this time, it was Melo and that's what made it the more scarier.

Him and Nonhle continuously swapped positions as they anxiously waited for Melo to wake up but it seemed as if it was going to take longer than they had anticipated and they were starting to get worried.

I knew I should've just gotten her that drink, Senzo thought to himself as he thought back to his comment about how pale Melo was.

There was a little bit of movement as Melo slowly woke up and both Senzo and Nonhle jumped up in excitement.

"Is she waking up?" Miss Foster said with Mr. Brian not far behind her.

"Yes, it looks like it" Senzo said

"Good. Senzo do you mind helping her to the sick room once she's up"

"Sure thing, Sir" Senzo replied.

"After that, my office, the both of you" he said before leaving to make a few phone calls.

"Melo, Melo can you hear me...follow my finger okay" Senzo said as he waved his finger in front of her and she followed. Nonhle stood to the side feeling guilty, not knowing whether to help her or to just stand there. Senzo helped her up and walked her to the office and Nonhle followed behind them but as they left she found a watch where Melo had been laying. She picked it up, looked at it and saw that it was cracked. Is this her's? She asked herself and put the watch in her pocket while following behind them.

***
Senzo walked out the sick room and sat next to Nonhle outside Mr. Brian's office and put his head in his hands in defeat.

"Is she okay?" Nonhle asked and Senzo just nodded while letting out a huge sigh. "That's good"

"Nonhle, what happened? What was all of this about?"

"I was just being stupid"

"Answer the question Nonhle"

"Okay fine, here" she said and showed him the photo. "I thought she was the one responsible for our relationship ending"

"And you decided to confront her about it instead of me when she had nothing to do with our relationship ending"

"Then why did it end, what happened?"

"Are you serious right now? So you saw nothing wrong with how things were going between you and I?" Senzo asked and Nonhle shook her head. "Okay fine, it was because of her but it's not what you think?"

"Okay then what is it?"

"Nonhle this relationship was all about you and making you look good you didn't even notice that I was going through something. Not once did you sit down and ask me how I was doing. You're self centered and just so hard to talk to Nonhle."

...

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice something was wrong or that you were going through something, really I am sorry"

"...Melo was the one person I could talk to, the one person who actually listened , the one person who was actually there when all these things were happening...she's definitely not who I thought she was" Senzo trailed off and thought to himself. Melo really wasn't who he thought she was. She was better. Over the last couple of weeks they've grown so close and Melo started to hold a special place in Senzo's life. She managed to evoke something in him that Nonhle failed to do when they were together.

"She's the most selfless person I know and it worries me because she ends up neglecting her own feelings just so that she can be strong for others" Senzo continued and Nonhle's regret sat at the back of her throat because she knew that Senzo was right. She may have not liked Melo and vice versa but Melo still helped her countless times, most recently at the semifinals.

"I need fresh air" she said and walked out of the office into the front garden but was then met by her father, Mr Ndamase.