Forty-Four

Everyone left pretty soon after that. Either they were mortal and completely exhausted or gods and very very busy. It was so nice seeing everyone, although talking to Jacob was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. 

In the end he just told me that he understood and that if it wasn't meant to be it meant that he had another soul-bound out there that he should be waiting and searching for. It was honestly pretty adorable and I ended up giving him a big hug. 

I mean, realistically we didn't even really know that much about each other. It's not like we spent lots of time getting to know each other on earth and I've only seen him a few times since he became a god. 

it would've been worse if I'd let it get further along, but we could easily get past the awkwardness that surrounded us right now. He was busy dealing with his own problems anyways, his teacher and mentor just happened to be an conniving little snake that has now disappeared. 

Jacob was not quite ready for immortal life, he needs to find a new teacher before he's killed, because right now I'll be surprised if he lasts a week. 

I was sitting cuddled in Ares's chest, pathetically. I didn't even care about how desperate I came off as we joked and laughed with Coeus and my father, Sun. 

I suddenly felt Ares's eyes on me and I looked up to him, raising me eyebrows. 

"What are you thinking about?" I asked and he smirked immediately, sending me a mental picture that had my cheeks heating until they were ridiculously red. Even my natural tanned skin couldn't hide my blush from the group and Coeus and Sun narrowed their eyes at us. 

I elbowed Ares in his stomach and he pressed his lips together as his body shook with silent laughter. 

"Bimbo." I mumbled and it just made him laugh harder. I was about to put him in his place, but as soon as I opened my mouth I was cut off by my father's stern voice. 

"Ares. I need you to get something for me." He said randomly and we both turned our attention to him questioningly. 

"Dad-" I warned but he cut me off once again. 

"I'm pretty sure I said Ares, not daughter Eclipse. Now Ares, I need you to go to my planet and spend at least 5 minutes picking out a perfect bouquet of flowers and then I need you to bring them back here." 

I rolled my eyes at how obvious he was being about trying to get rid of Ares and felt my grip tighten subconsciously. 

I was about to tell Sun off but was cut off by Ares's hot voice in my ear. "It's alright little dazzle, have this conversation, I'll be back soon." My insides melted and my grip tightened as his deep voice and sweet words echoed through my head. 

I pouted, giving him my puppy dog eyes. "Ares." I said quietly and I saw his entire face soften and fill with slight panic. He was rethinking his decision, I could feel it. I could see the hesitation running across his features as he looked back and forth from my father and I. 

"Eclipse. Stop that, let the man go." My dad warned, amusement filling his voice. 

I huffed, rolling my eyes like a child before reluctantly letting go of Ares who was still looking at me like a lost puppy. 

"I'll be right back." He said softly, stroking my jaw and pecking my lips softly. 

"At least 5 minutes!" My dad chimed in annoyingly and I didn't hold back the glare I shot him. My dad's eyes widened at its intensity and Coeus chuckled in the corner, clearly enjoying the show. 

Ares disappeared into space and I frowned at the almost imperceptible indent that was still in the couch cushions, making me feel more empty and alone than I should've.