Wilt ~ Chapter four.

Chapter four

There she was, standing there smiling and then her smile suddenly turned into a frown. Her hand slowly raised and her thin fingers pointed at me. I took a deep breath. She is nothing but a hallucination and the last thing I want Kate to know is that I’m seeing my dead grandmother.  I wouldn’t want anyone to know that I’m going crazy. My body began to tremble. I looked out the window but I couldn’t concentrate because I could feel her staring at me, pointing the finger as if to show someone that I did something.

Grandma, I didn’t do anything, I’m innocent.

Alex’s warm hand touched my trembling hand, his fingers wrapped around my palm and he held it lightly.

‘Ellie, are you okay? God Ellie your palm is bleeding’

Everyone stared at my bleeding hand, Kate fell into a panic and got up to get a first aid that was buried at the back of her car, I didn’t know it was possible for a human to run this fast in six inch heels. I didn’t know my palm was bleeding, in fact I couldn’t feel it until he told me. I started at my palm without anything to say, I didn’t touch any broken glass or anything that could possibly cut me this much, you could see the cut wasn’t a little scratch; it was a big cut that was one hundred per cent intentional.

In a few moments Kate was back with the first aid, she carefully disinfected my hand and wrapped a bandage around it. I felt loved here.  I did not know her but I did know that she would become a very good friend of mines; in fact I knew that she would become my best friend and honestly I hope she does become my friend because after this incident people are going to talk about it and she is the only one that could protect me.

After few minutes of worries and stares at my palm people returned to talking about the party. I remember when I used to plan parties with my friends but we never went into buying drugs and planning our outfits to match each other.

‘What are you wearing, Ellie?’ asked me the dark haired girl.

‘I-I don’t know yet, I guess I’ll have a look in my closet to see what I could wear, what kind of party is it?’    I would probably end up in jeans anyways but I wanted to continue the conversation. I wanted to fit in so badly and dressing up to their standards would have to become a regular thing.

I looked at the time; it’s already 4:15pm. The girls noticed me looking at the time and suddenly they remembered that they are going to a party.  

‘Ellie, were going to go now, me and Gem have to get ready, would you like to get ready with us?’

I can’t believe I was just asked to get ready with the popular girls.

‘No thank you, I can get ready at home’ I quietly replied.

‘If you don’t mind I can drive you to the party’ said Alex while flashing the most beautiful smile that I’ve ever seen.

‘Um.. Nathan was kind of..’ Nathan cut me off.

‘I was going to drive her, we live right next door and it would save you the trouble of getting to our houses, you know the bumpy roads and all that’ Nathan suggested to Alex.

‘All right with me man’ He replied. Honestly I wish that Alex could take me instead of Nathan. Nathan is cold hearted.

I left some change for the waitress for the ice cream and 15$ tip. She looked like she could really use it right now. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the diner alongside with everyone. I didn’t know the way home but asking for a ride would be too embarrassing, even though I really needed it.

‘Get in my car, you obviously don’t know the way home’ said Alex behind me.

My face light up.

I slowly walked to his fastback Mustang. It was red with two white stripes on it. The car looked really old but lovely at the same time. When I was opening the door I was scared that I might pull on the handle a little too hard and it would break off, but luckily it didn’t. I sat in the front seat. The strong little air fan made me relaxed and not as tense as I was before.

Alex started the car. The engine let out a quiet roar and started driving.

‘So how do you like the people in this town? Any people you dislike yet?’

I bit my lip. Saying the truth could get me into trouble. You say one thing to one person and then it travels all around the world.

‘Everyone is so nice here, really! Except Nathan though,  he either hates me or I honestly don’t know why he hates me so much’

‘Hates you? You’re the most adorable human being I have ever seen’

Adorable. That’s all I really was to people, Just Adorable and not Adorable enough to be anyone’s first choice or to be anyone’s anything.

I remembered the horrible incident at the Diner. I have no idea how my I cut my palm or how any of it happened, maybe I’m just going crazy and I’m seeing things. I could talk to someone about it but if you’re new and you don’t know if you can trust anybody at all then I don’t think that would be the best idea.

‘Well.. Here we are now’    Alex said when he stopped the car.

‘Thank you for the ride, I’ll see you at the party, I guess’   I mumbled not knowing what to say.

I got out of the car and waved and then quickly put my hand down when I realised that I looked stupid. Somehow I always manage to make a fool out of myself.

I raced up the stairs quickly and walked into my room. Most of my things hadn’t arrived yet so my outfit choices were limited and my room was just plain. I liked it more that way, It made me seem more organized and tidy and I was neither of these things. As soon as my things would arrive everything would be covered in cluster and things I didn’t need but I didn’t have the heart to throw any of them out. As soon as I was going to throw something out I think – Hey I might need it later on -  so I keep it and if I do throw it out then after a while I’m doing something and I need the thing that I threw out.

I opened my wardrobe and picked out a studded collar burgundy peter pan dress aka the only dress I had brought with me.

I finished doing my makeup and looked at the time, I got home five minutes ago and already 2 hours had passed.

Clocks are always there to remind us that the time is running out.  Time wouldn’t exist if clocks didn’t. We would always feel like we have an eternity ahead of us and there would be no constant reminders that we are getting closer to death as every second passes.

I grabbed my purse and put the lipstick I was wearing in it. As soon as I got downstairs I realised I didn’t have tights on and I didn’t have any with me, even though it was warm outside I always hated my legs and my pale skin. No matter how hard I tried I never had sun kissed legs.

‘I’ll be back soon, bye Mum!’

I stepped outside; the air was hotter than it was before. It was so quiet that I could feel the burning hot blood rush through every part in my body. I blinked away the feeling and took a step closer to Nathan’s car that was parked just between our house and his house. The thing about old, squeaky houses from the 60’s was that back then they didn’t really have garages and in this town they are still continuing that, most people could leave their car open and not worry about getting their car stolen because let’s be honest, where in a town like this could you sell a sports car and at least hide it? Even the population of Blackbeard was around 300 people.

I slowly walked up to his car and leaned against it hoping that I would not leave a dent. His door squeaked and he stepped outside, even in jeans and a simple white t-shirt he looked absolutely gorgeous.

I took a big gulp of air and smiled at him and he smiled back.