Chapter 5: Tension

Ever since that awkward kiss in the bathroom, the tension between Jungkook and Jordan amplified whenever the two were in the same room. Jordan made sure to take advantage of every opportunity they had alone to latch onto his lips. When she would hang out at the dorm with him on days that Namjoon was busy in the studio, it would always lead to her making out with him on his bed, and it continued like that for about two weeks.

When he wasn't getting ready for their concerts or end-of-the-year performances, he was spending as much time as he could with Jordan, always trying to plan out a time for her to come over when he was home alone since he knew where it would lead to. It never got further than simple, heated make-out sessions, but he hoped that he would finally be able to muster up the courage to ask her out on a date soon.

Jungkook was breathing heavily as the group finished up their practice for their first Magic Shop concert, sweat dripping down his neck as his hair, now styled with blonde tips, clung to his forehead. One of the staff members came up and offered him a towel, which he eagerly accepted before bowing in gratitude as he dabbed at the perspiration on his neck.

He looked up when he heard someone clap, watching as Jordan sauntered up to them and complimented them on their flawless routine, as always. When her eyes met his, he couldn't deny the small excitement he felt as his heart stuttered in his chest, elated just to have her attention, even if it was only for a few seconds before Jimin stole it away, walking up to her and pulling her into a hug. He continued to stare at her as she went to hug Namjoon next, a goofy smile on his lips as he watched her tease his hyung about his dancing. 

The more he got to know Jordan, the more he felt his feelings grow, and at this point, he felt hopeless about it ever amounting to something more. He knew that she didn't want anything serious, but he still hoped that she would change her mind, that she would get over that asshole that broke her heart and give him a chance.

-♛-

Various snacks and empty bowls were scattered on the table in the living room, the room much quieter now than it had been earlier in the evening.

After everyone had finished up getting ready back in their the dressing room, Namjoon invited Jordan to hang out with them for the rest of the evening. She initially declined the offer since she knew they were all probably exhausted and wanted to get some rest, but after some convincing from Namjoon and the other members, she gave in and met up with them back at the dorm.

The evening had started off with them playing various games, the living room loud and boisterous as the competition started. At some point, someone suggested bringing snacks to the table, so the games were put aside and replaced by a variety of snack foods and loud conversations, which eventually died down as the evening went on.

Everyone had settled comfortably into the couches and decided to watch a movie together, even though it took almost fifteen minutes to agree on which one to watch. The room fell into a quiet lull as everyone watched the pick of the night while feeling the exhaustion of the day settling in.

Jordan glanced around the room, smiling as she noticed some of the members had fallen asleep. Taehyung was leaning against Jimin's shoulder, mouth slightly open as light snores emitted from him while Namjoon was struggling to stay awake beside her. There were a few instances when his body would loosen up just enough, his head threatening to fall on his friend's shoulder before he would jolt away, apologizing while she would simply grin in response, telling him that it was fine.

Halfway through the movie, Jordan felt parched. After munching on all those snacks and chugging down two waters, she was still thirsty so she got up, stretching a bit while Namjoon glanced up at her, eyebrows slightly furrowed.