2

Y/n laid in her bed, asleep. Hearing the rustle of the blanket beside her made her flutter her eyes open.

"Hmm...? You're leaving?" She whispered as she turned to Michikatsu's side of the bed, her eyes still blurry as she had just woken up.

Michikatsu tightened the cloth on his waist and turned to his wife. "Yes, an urgent mission just came in. Ever hashira is called" he replies, grabbing his sword that laid on the cabinet.

Groaning, Y/n sat up and ran her hand through her soft tangled hair. "Why? Is it serious?" She asks, curious and worried for his well-being.

He smiles and walks towards and crouches. His large calloused hand caresses her cheek lovingly and presses his head against hers before looking into her eyes. "Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it." He says to her, smiling softly.

Not wanting to worry him, she forces out a smile despite her stomach churning. "Ok, I'll wait for you" she replies before kissing his lips and watching him leave the room in a hurried manner.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Birds sang out the window, the only sound echoing throughout the house of the three.

Y/n had just came from the bath and was already preparing lunch for herself, knowing that the others might not return until later.

Grabbing the salt from the wooden box, she smiles as she sprinkles it ontop of the noodles. "Michikatsu and Yoriichi loves this" she giggles, knowing how the two men loves her homemade noodles.

"I better head out and grab some fruits. . ." Y/n mumbles, grabbing the basket and slipping on her haori.

As she was about to slip her sandals on, a knock came on the from the front door.

"Hm? Is it them?" She asks at no one before hurrying to open the door. "Who is it-

"Oh, it's you Kuwajima-san, what brings you here?" She asks the male. "He's the . . . Thunder hashira right? They're family of famous swordsmen. . . Well, famous demon slayer family" she thought, remembering his background that she heard from Michikatsu.

But, the longer she stared at him, she soon noticed the look of pity in his eyes. Her stomach churned, just like what she felt before Michikatsu left. "Kuwajima-san? Did something happen to my husband?" Y/n asks nervously, the palm of her hands turned sweaty.

His eyes soften yet had a cautious glance as he stared at her. "Oyakata-sama has called for you. . . As well as the others needed you" he tells, moving aside.

Her eyes widen. "E-eh? But why-"

Suddenly, the male grabs her arm and forces her out the door and began dragging her towards the estate of their master.

Y/n winces at the tight grip. "That hurts K-Kuwajima-san" she muttered, knowing that her skin will have a purple wound due to how tight and rough he was grabbing her.

He did not turn to her and just kept dragging her, as they reached the gates of the master, Kuwajima whispers to her. "I'm sorry Tsugikuni-san. I pity you" he says before leading her in, letting her see the other hashira yell and shout Yoriichi.

Her eyes widen, Yoriichi was one of the most who contributed in the corps. Seeing him getting shouted on made something in her heart say that something was really wrong.

Going away from the thunder pillar's side, she went straight towards the group.

"W-What's happening? Why is Yoriichi getting-"

"Oh look, it's the wife of the traitor" one of the hashira's hissed, glaring at her way.

She gulps but stood her her ground. "W-what happened to my husband? Why are you all fighting Yoriichi-san?" Y/n asks like a clueless wife that was dragged into this.

The air turned warm as they all glared at her. "Your 'husband' is a traitor!" One of them shouts at her. "He let himself turn into a demon!" Another continued.

Her eyes widen in disbelief. "What?! He wouldn't do that! You're all probably got it wrong!" She shouts, her soft hands gripping her kimono tightly. She knows full well that Michikatsu is the type of person to do that. She knows what his weakness are, and that's the power to conquer his humanity.

Biting her cheek, she glanced towards Yoriichi while the others shouted or even blamed her. She could see the sadness in his eyes yet he remained nonchalant as he stared at the ground. She pitied him. His wife dies and his brother left to join the enemy.

Her eyes glossed. Oh how sad and pitiful he is.

"You should kill yourself!" One of them shouts, breaking her out of her thoughts.

Yoriichi then stood infront of her, hiding her behind his back. "Don't drag Y/n-san into this, she has nothing to do with brother doing what he did" he mumbles, blocking them from her view.

Y/n clutches on Yoriichi's back, she didn't want to believe it but if Yoriichi doesn't deny it. . .

"You know the rules Yoriichi! Either you or her has to commit suppuku!" The other hashira says.

The woman peeked behind Yoriichi's shoulder and glanced at the current master's nervous face. She pitied the boy as the previous master had just died from the curse. "He's just a kid, first thing he does once he became a master is decide whether to kill me or Yoriichi" Y/n thought.

"Quiet! Oyakata-sama has something to say!" The wofe of the previous master shouts sternly over them.

The loud rumble quiets down and stared at the nervous child, awaiting to her his order.

He gulps and opens his mouth. "You-