1

"Good morning, Yoriichi-san" Y/n greets as she laid her eyes on the nonchalant man. His dull maroon eyes glanced at her and only nodded.

"Good morning" he greeted back before scanning the room. "Where's brother?" Yoriichi asks, not seeing his black haired older twin.

Y/n, who sat on the wooden floor as her legs dangled down at the platform sighs. Setting her needles and thread down, she rubbed her temples. "He went out in a mission" she replied, grumbling.

"Oh, ok" Yoriichi mumbled before heading back out the estate.

The woman stared at door and sighed. Leaning her back on the wooden pillar, she closed her eyes. "I don't even have the courage to chase him. . . Good thing Yoriichi's here to set him in place"

Slowly she opens her eyes and continues mending the purple haori. The hole in it slowly disappeared as she sewed it together. "Why is he so reckless?" She sighed, pulling on the thread.

"This third time this month. . ." Y/n mumbled, burying her face in the haori as soon as she finished mending it. The scent of her beloved Michikatsu filling her nostrils.

"I miss you. . ."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~

The sky turned dark as the sun went down. The estate both Yoriichi and Michikatsu shared was silent. Only crickets could be heard.

Not a single candle was lit as the only person in the house slept early.

Suddenly, footsteps could be heard followed by the door to the house opening.

"Goodnight brother"

"Hm"

As the footsteps dispersed, the other footstep went to the woman's room. As he opens the door, the moonlight glow hits his face revealing his handsome face and long black hair, his purple eyes seemed to glow against the moonlight glow.

Rubbing the back of his neck, he sighs as he slowly sat on the futon he shared with his wife. Glancing at her sleeping face, he smiles softly and brushes the hair out of her soft porcelain face before leaning in and kissing her cheek. "Goodnight" Michikatsu mumbled.

Feeling his back ache more, he hiss in pain and finally decided to go to sleep. As soon as his head hits the pillow, he was knocked out.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Morning soon came and Michikatsu grumbled as he slowly woke up. Turning to his wife's side of the bed, he went to hug her only to feel nothing but air. His eyes open suddenly and sighed.

"Y/n?" He calls out, sitting up from the futon. His chest bare as he only loosened his kimono halfway due to exhaustion.

Michikatsu hears small gentle footstep coming from the changing room before a head pops out from the side. "What is it Michi?" Y/n asks with her gentle voice, using the nickname she gave to him with deep feelings.

"Good morning, Y/n" He greets, smiling softly at her.

"Good morning too, Michi" she giggles before heading back in the changing room.

"Yoriichi went and made some breakfast. You should probably watch over him. You know how he is sometimes in the kitchen" Y/n says behind the bamboo, groaning as she slipped on her kimono on-top of her undergarments.

The dark haired man chuckles and stood up from the bed. "Ok, I'll go check on him"

"Thank you"

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Y/n Tsugikuni is a mother of one. She and Michikatsu has a son that looked mostly like her yet has the sense and aura of Michikatsu. Though, after Michikatsu knew about his brother and his 'job', Michikatsu wanted to come with.

The woman begged her husband to stay and let his sense of jealousy and pride down, but no matter what came out of her mouth broke his will to join his brother.

As much as Y/n wanted to bring the son along, she didn't want him to be tied by the somewhat rule of the corps. Especially when she knew that anyone tied to the man who committed on a betrayal would have to do a seppuku.

And as soon as she heard humans can turn into demons and become more powerful and even live longer. . . She knows what a certain Michikatsu would do.

After all, she knows that he joined only to surpass his brother and not to protect. Hence, why she left their son with a relative of hers.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

As the door to their bedroom closed, Y/n sighed and held the picture she had of their son. His eyes were a purple shade as the father but had the face of the mother.

"I miss you my baby, I hope you forgive mommy for choosing daddy over you" she mumbled pathetically in the changing room.

Kissing the picture, she pours out all her love before slipping the paper in her kimono and walk out the room.

As soon as she slide the door open to leave, she could smell the faint shouts of Michikatsu from the kitchen. . . Along with the smell of something burning.

"Oh geez, don't tell me they burnt the rice again!" Y/n groaned before hurrying in the kitchen.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

"Ah no! What were you doing Yoriichi?!" Michikatsu exclaims as he pulled the rice out of the stone stove, the fire emitting from the wood was higher and was bursting. "You burnt the rice again!" He added as he checked the rice to see the bottom burnt to crisp.

"Sorry brother, I thought it still wasn't cooked yet when I saw it" Yoriichi nonchalantly says, his dull maroon eyes boring into the back of Michikatsu's head.

"We're screwed-

The door to the kitchen snaps open and there revealed an angry looking Y/n.

"Very screwed, now both of you get of the kitchen! N O W" she growled angrily at the two who then trudged out the kitchen with their mouths shut.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

In the the sun and moon estate lived three people eating their breakfast in peace.

One nervous, one guilty and one in anger.

In their mouths were black and white rice. It was quite delicious.