{11} Akai Dressed in Blood

Here's the chapter ya'll been waiting for! Also, please read my newest ORIGINAL story 'We're Immature,' (anyone can read it) the link is in the comments! :)

"Did you hear that?" Yoichi asked unseemly. "Yeah." Natsume agreed bluntly. They'd hate to admit it, but they heard the sound of a stick's aftermath. The consequences of hitting someone with it, it a very vital part of your body.

"Let's go!" Youichi stated and ran off at full sprint. Natsume followed shortly afterward, but it was in a different lane.

But that's when he saw it, the color of black silk whipping through the air. Then he focused on the direction and realized...Youichi, he's still back there. I'm going the opposite way, darn it! 

He threw himself the other way and ran. He ran so fast that he could have been mistaken for a living cannon ball.

Through the bushes, he found himself staring in silent shock. He saw  figure kick down his sibling, and in one blow he was on his knees. One blow, he muttered. He couldn't hold himself back, not now, not when his friend was in danger. Oh but not just a friend.

"Teme!" He yelled and honestly, the girl wasn't prepared.

The impact came as Minoko was unaware, which sent her flying to the closest tree bark with a thud. "Minoko!" A urgent call was sounded from the other side. Hayate came sprinting from the other side, throwing a punch directly towards Natsume, but he quickly dodged it.

She fell planted forward, the gravity pulling her down to Minoko's level.

"What about hime-sama?"

"She has to stay covered. Persona could be-"

"SHING!" The sound of three clean slices came from out of nowhere. Natsume's eyes widened at least an inch when it came through, and cut him at the side of his face, leaving cat-like claw marks.

"Do don't!" Minoko yelled to Akai, but she ignored her and counter-attacked Natsume. Her speed was too much for him, she had way beyond more agility. 

But everyone has a flaw, don't they?

Her defence is low. Natsume waited for an opening, he had open gashes along his arms and body but he just knew the girl was going easy on him.

And he didn't like it, so..he charged.

A fire burst to life around the two, creating an everlasting ring. 

Minoko and Hayate screamed and ran to her, but another person had taken them back.

"Oh, hey! How you girls doing?" A cheeky boy chuckled, they turned to find the one and only shadow twister. Tsubasa Ando

'Shut up!" Minoko roared. She was older than Hayate, so it was responsibility. 

She and Hayate used their alices, calling the floor to split and cracks to travel in seconds. While the other created windstorm turrets.

Tsubasa struggled, but already caught their shadow but it would be too risky for him to move it.

He pulled a hand to the back of his head and laughed an awkward one. "Ehehe...I think I just got us stuck."

All they could do was stare at each other for now.

Akai and Natsume were in the flames, somehow he could tell it was hurting her, but she didn't react as much.

Her head was still low, and her hand outstretched with the katana. 

I can't use my alice now, not in front of him. Just wait, Persona...I know your tactics in this game. Akai was thinking.

Akai ran and slipped through his legs, then held the katana to his neck. But of course, it wasn't over.

Natsume kicked back, with a swish and a click, his dagger appeared in hand. 

Minutes they were in combat, Akai wasn't slowing down and Natsume was still trying to figure this girl out.

Who is she? He thought.

 Then he saw the opening, Akai had frozen in place. He threw himself forward in a lunge..

Akai hadn't paid any attention, all she could see were the Z Co-operation forming a group to set out and find them. Then Natsume lunged.

She quickly took his wrist and twisted it, causing him to stand by her side.

"I have no time for this, you help me with these people, and I'll repay you." She buzzed.

Natsume stared at her in shock, was she a robot? A nandroid? Her voice was so electric, if they had siri back then she could be compared.

"I don't want money." Natsume grumbled.

"Then what?"

"I want to know who you are."

There was a long silence hanging in the air, all they could hear was the foe's helicopter heading the other way.

She took Natsume's blade and cut her finger with it, blood seeped out.

Then she quickly used it to mark his hand with the shape of a blood red crystal.

"Remember this."

Then she gestured for them to follow towards Tsubasa.

"The heck are you doing?" Natsume snapped at him. As they just stood there.

"I sorta got stuck, so if you could burn the shadow-"

He did. 

Minoko was about to throw her spear until Akai caught it with her free hand.

"No need, their with us." The two stared at her with a blank look, then went to their knees.

"Gomen, we failed you and-"

Then Akai dropped to her knee, "I'm sorry, to all of you." then placed her sword on her shoulder as a sign of trust. 

"I've got to find Youchi first." Natsume mumbled.

Akai was secretly worried about the younger boy. "I'll help, you guys hide or back them off with mines. Don't get into the enemy's radar, please." She whispered the last part.

The two girls smiled, "Alright, got your back princess!"