Chapter 48 - I'm glad you're here

The two just stood there for a while, looking at each other as if they hadn't seen the other in years. It definitely felt like that.

"Erin", Oliver whispered after a while. He looked almost ill, with large bags under his eyes and a pale expression. His hands were shaking slightly.

As soon as Erin laid her eyes on him, she knew it was a lost cause. She knew she was a lost cause and most of all she knew that her heart was not going to let her listen to her mind. So she took a deep breath, walked up to him and wrapped her arms tightly around his torso.

Oliver immediately wrapped his arms around her as well, holding her as tight as he could. His touch made Erin light-headed, as if he was some kind of drug to her. She had been seriously deprived of it lately.

They stood there for a good while before Erin finally pulled away, looking him in the eyes. His eyes were glassy, but a small smile lingered on his lips.

"I'm glad you're here", she whispered.

"Came here as soon as I got your letter." Oliver tucked a piece of Erin's hair behind her ear. His hand rested on her cheek for a while as he took in everything he had missed since August. His thumb gently caressed her skin as he looked at her with intense love in his eyes.

"Erin, I'm so, so sorry I wasn't there", he said, his voice breaking slightly. "You don't know half how much I regret it. If I could turn back time, I would, I'd-"

Erin shut him up by pressing her lips on his. She hadn't envisioned their first meeting to go like this. She had prepared a whole lecture about how she couldn't cope with the continuing heartache and how she hated him, but also loved him. She hadn't planned on letting him off the hook so easily, but when their lips moved in sync like they used to do, she forgot all about those plans. All she wanted right now was him.

His hands found her waist and pulled her impossibly closer. The familiar feeling overwhelmed her and her heart was beating out of her chest. Her hands went carelessly through his hair as she completely lost herself in the kiss. They only pulled away when they both were in huge need of air and Erin couldn't help the smile to break through.

"So, urgent family matters involving a pet?" she whispered out of breath, to which Oliver chuckled.

"Yeah, I didn't think of an explanation before coming here. I panicked." He simply admired Erin's beautiful eyes for a while, which sparkled again. He loved it when they did that.

"I missed you", he said and pulled her into a hug again. He lifted her up and sat down in one of the pretty couches that decorated McGonagall's office. He gently placed Erin on his lap and held her tightly. Erin laid her head on his chest and took in the scent she had to miss for so long.

"You really forgive me?" he asked after a while.

"I do." Oliver smiled and grabbed her hand, lacing her fingers with his.

"I really am so very sorry. I promise I'll stay as far away from Marlo as possible", he whispered, placing a kiss on her head. Erin took a deep breath. She didn't like to admit it, but Marlo was the reason she had forgiven him. That letter convinced her in a heartbeat. And she did stress that she was not out to get Oliver, she was just a bitch. Erin didn't want to be that girlfriend who forbade their boyfriend to talk to other girls. She had to trust him, even around girls like Marlo.

"No, that's not what I want", she mumbled. "I just thought she had different intentions, but if she's just your friend then I don't want you to cut her out. That's not fair."

"Really? I thought you hated her", Oliver chuckled.

"Oh, I do, I despise her, but she is the only reason we're sitting here right now." Erin looked up in Oliver's chocolate brown eyes which looked at her intensely.