Chapter 33 - Will you wear it during the match?

It was the morning of the Gryffindor versus Slytherin quidditch match and Erin had never seen Oliver so nervous before. She went to the Gryffindor tower so she could catch him on his way to breakfast, but he was so in his head that he just walked straight past her.

"Oi, Captain!" Erin laughed as he didn't acknowledge her. He looked around confused.

"You're ignoring me?" Erin joked, giving him a quick kiss.

"No, sorry love, just a little occupied", he said. Erin tugged at his quidditch uniform, smoothing it out.

"You're nervous?" Erin asked, although she already knew the answer. Oliver was always incredibly nervous before a match, but this one had a lot depending on it. It would decide who would win the Quidditch Cup this year, his last shot. Moreover, there was a scout coming to watch the game, so Oliver needed to impress him.

"A little", he mumbled.

"A little?" Erin chuckled, going with her finger through his hair to try and calm him down.

"Okay, I'm kind of going mad", Oliver said, a small smile tugging on his lips.

"Well, I think you're going to do great. Just focus on your plan and catch as many Quaffles as you can", she smiled. Oliver slowly kissed her.

"Thank you." Erin grabbed his hand and dragged him to breakfast. The match wouldn't start for another three hours, so she'd make sure he had some food in his stomach. People applauded as he walked into the Great Hall, but he didn't even seem to notice.

Erin often sat at the Gryffindor table on weekends, as Beatrice rarely got out of bed before 10 AM if she didn't have to, so today, she did the same. Oliver's friends had accepted her as one of them and it was fun to have a different set of people around her sometimes.

"You look like you're about to vomit", Fred chuckled as they sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"Really considering that", Oliver said, downing a cup of water.

"Breathe, Captain. Slytherin doesn't stand a chance against you guys", Erin said, putting her hands on his.

"That's spoken like a true connoisseur", Angelina chuckled.

Erin piled bacon and eggs on Oliver's plate, making sure he ate every last bit, convincing him with arguments like you need the energy, you don't want to pass out in the middle of the match and you can't focus properly if you're hungry. It didn't help his nerves, but at least he was eating.

Fred and George were discussing the scout who was coming and it was causing a green tint to appear on Oliver's face. This was so important to him and he just wanted it to be over.

"Hey, let's go for a walk, okay?" Erin said and Oliver nodded quickly, pretty much running out of the Great Hall.

"Ollie, calm down", Erin said as she had caught up with him. It was already warm out, although it was still early.

"Sorry", Oliver mumbled. Erin wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled him closer. His heartbeat was fast-paced and his palms sweaty, but it did seem to calm him down a bit. He gave her a kiss on her head, taking a couple deep breaths.

"I know you're going to win. You have an epic strategy", Erin said. She had helped Oliver perfect his strategy to the best of her ability and it seemed pretty fool-proof.

"You never know with Slytherin. They might put half the team in the Hospital Wing before we're able to score one goal", Oliver mumbled. They walked towards the lake, to their usual cuddle spot.

"Not if you're extra careful. Have your guard up constantly. I know you will", Erin said, pulling him down with her.

"We'll try."