07.

The next evening, the Gryffindor Quidditch team had just finished their first evening practice. I walked through the portrait hole to find Harry, Fred, and George in their uniforms.

"What's everyone looking at?" I asked as I made my way to where Harry, Hermione, and Ron were sitting by the fireplace.

There was a group of people crowded around the bulletin board, excitedly chattering away.

"First Hogsmeade weekend," Ron said. "End of October, Halloween."

I felt another wave of disappointment, knowing I would be stuck in the castle while everyone else got to enjoy themselves. I glanced over at Harry, who also looked incredibly bummed out.

"Excellent," said Fred, standing behind us. "I need to visit Zonko's. I'm nearly out of Stink Pellets."

"Sorry, you two. But I'm sure you'll be able to go next time," Hermione reassured us. "They're bound to catch Black soon. He's already been sighted once already."

"Black's not fool enough to try anything in Hogsmeade," said Ron. "Ask McGonagall if you can go this time, Harry. Ella, just send your Mum an owl, I'm sure she'll understand. The next Hogsmeade trip might not be for ages—"

"Ron!" said Hermione sharply. "Harry's supposed to stay in school—"

"He can't be the only third year left behind!" said Ron.

"He won't! Ella is staying too!" Hermione seemed rather frustrated now.

While Ron and Hermione continued to argue, I felt a tap on my shoulder and whipped around.

"You never told us you weren't coming to Hogsmeade!" Fred said. I frowned at him.

"It wasn't exactly something I was thrilled about. I was hoping to forget all about the trips." I said glumly. I knew my hair was now turning a dull blue.

"We could've gotten Mum to sign the form!" Fred countered.

"Or forged her signature!" George added.

"Don't be silly, that wouldn't have worked. It's fine, I'll be able to next year, I suppose."

"Don't worry, we'll bring you some things from Zonko's. And we'll get you to Hogsmeade some time!" Fred proclaimed.

"How?" I asked.

"You'll see." George answered mysteriously. And without another word, the twins marched up to their dormitory.

***

On Halloween morning, I reluctantly woke up and followed everyone down to breakfast. Today was the day of the first Hogsmeade trip, and I would not be going.

"We'll bring you lots of sweets back from Honeydukes," said Hermione, looking desperately sorry.

"Yeah, loads," said Ron. It seemed as if Ron and Hermione had finally made up. A week or so prior, Crookshanks lunged at Scabbers, and the two refused to even look at the other.

"Don't worry about us," said Harry. "We'll see you at the feast. Have a good time."

Harry and I walked with them to the entrance hall and watched as Filch checked everyone's names off a list.