Undercover Princess

Prologue

"James, would you do me the honour?" his perfectly bleached white glove wrapped around the golden handles of the door. I took a breath in, prep myself for any major disaster from the King then let my shoulders drop.

" Princess Philippa of Mirante" James pronounced every utterance to perfection, whilst his left hand swung open the door in his usual well practiced manner.

"Pippa! How many more times? Call me Pippa!" I hissed under my breath and stamped my feel curling my fist tighter; he has successfully destroyed all the effort that I just put in to prepare myself.

As I tread along the red carpet carefully lined with gold threads, I equipped myself once more before I faced the loving face of the King.

"Ah Philippa, have you come for that gerbil you let lose in my room earlier?" Shifting his hand to my left pointing at my gerbil in his cage, I waved at it but returned to the King with a smile shortly after.

"No dad, I didn't let Patrick lose he simply ran away. Anyway, I am here to talk business with you."

"And what might that be my dear girl?" He chuckled as he settled back into his throne; I always liked it when my father chuckled. He liked to laugh; he was a good dad to me but an even better King to the good people of Mirante.

I took the seat by him, back straight and hands on thighs like one of father's noble man.

"I am going to experience real life and all it has to offer, find true love and live life as a normal kid. I am moving to America-"