Part 1

Tris POV

It has been exactly six months to the day since we have had peace. Six months since Caleb went into the Weapons Lab, and gave bis life.

It still hurts to think about it. So I try not to.

It's still dim outside, but I can hear activity out my-i guess I should say 'our'-window. I turn over in the bed and my nose almost touches Tobias's. We've been staying in Evelyn's old house, in the Abnegation sector since she has again been exiled.

I can't help but still classify places according to Factions. Seventeen year long habits are hard to break.

Tobias breathes deep through his nose and his eyes flicker open. I smile and his hand comes up to my cheek.

“Morning,” he says thickly.

“Morning.”

He leans in for a kiss and I meet him halfway. I pull back after a second,and gesture to the door. “We have to go you know.”

“I know.”

He sits up, the blanket falling away from his body, giving me glimpses of the black ink curling over his skin. I watch him cross the room, pull open a drawer, tug a gray tshirt over his head.

He turns and smiles, breaking my trance. “Don't you think you'd better get dressed too?”

I throw my legs onto the floor and cross to the closet. It contains mostly dark clothes, like black, gray and dark blue. Not Erudite blue. I feel too strange wearing it, even though I've known some good Erudite.

Things aren't quite straightened out yet, though the Government is doing its best. We're helping with pretty much anything we can. Johanna Reyes is now a Representative so she lends us support in what we do, and we keep her informed and up to date on what we know. With things being only a few months along, everyone is still on edge, as if we expect another War to break any second.

Tobias heads for the kitchen and I follow, wondering what today has in store. We will go and try to help where we can. Everyone is still trying to rebuild, so there are likely houses that need repaired, food needing distributed and people needing brought in for various crimes. Johanna says they want to eventually bring people in from the outside Cities like Millwake. They say it will be good for us.

I hope she is right.

Tobias opens the fridge and looks inside. “There's eggs....and bacon in here.”

I pull out a pan and set in on the stove. “Ok, I'll make the bacon, you make the eggs.”

We work in silence for a few minutes, and I enjoy every bit. It is wonderful to just be together, without looking over our shoulders for Dauntless Traitors or Erudite with Simulation Serums.