I GUESS NOT

ALEXANDER

Watching her face pale immediately she recognized who it was, it was fun to watch.
Sincerely I wasn't mad at her, just felt like getting a reaction from her, and it looked like it was working to my advantage.

Looking down at her petite body, her eyes were bloodshot from crying, fine patterns of veins already making way on her forehead.
She's still fidgeting and playing with her fingers.
Laughing inwardly, everything about her seems captivating.

"Are you okay?"

I ask her, I chuckle slightly watching her eyes go wide with surprise, my guess, that wasn't what she was expecting....well I love surprises.
Surprise!
After some seconds, her lips Part for words.

"Uh..of course...yea, I'm fine, why do you ask??"
Could she not behave more dumb than this, I say to myself with a mind eye roll.
Face palming my face,
" you did not just ask me that"

"Of course I can, and yes I did"

Oh lord help me with this green eyed witch, before I loose it.

"Look lia, I heard you balling your eyes out not quite long, and your eyes are bloodshot right now like some nigga broke your heart or somfin, your veins are popping out already, so why won't I ask Missy?"

I see shock flash through her eyes as fast as lightening, barely noticeable, but I could recognize anything of the eyes. Then replaced with sorrow and pain.
Woah woah, hollup...she better not cry, I just can't handle it if she does.

Suddenly I feel a warm body on mine, took me a minute to recognize slowly it was her.
Damnnnn she must be in a lot of pain to hug a stranger, what would make her breakdown??

Ohhhhhh, definitely a heartbreak 🤦🏻😐, yuppp, Alex Alex going about spitting words without thinking 🤦🏻.

She's sobbing uncontrollably now, damnnn she better not smear snot on my shirt, taking deep breaths, I wrap my hands round her back, gently soothing her.
"It hurts,....*sniff* I'm I that bad??, I'm I so toxic??"

Still patting her back, "its okay, you'll be fine lia"

She pulls back and stares at me with wide eyes, bloodshot buh they still pretty.

"I thought you were a jerk" she blurts out, her lips full and pink from so much muffling of sobs.

"I am Baby girl, just enjoy nice me while it lasts" I say with a lopsided grin.

She let's out a chuckle
"Well this side suits you well"
Before I could reply, her phone rings...(NF -feet down) fills the washroom.

"Papa,....okay be right outside"
Looking up at me, "I have to go, my Papa is waiting outside"

Shrugging an "okay"
She faces the mirror and arranges her hair in place, splashing of water over her eyes, she walks to the door...I'm standing watching her.
Turning to me,
"uhhh..bye Alex, thank you for ...*gesturing between her us with her hands*...for this, I appreciate your nice side of course, enjoy the rest of your night"

When I don't reply she spins nervously on her heels, gently closing the door as she goes out.

"See you later lia...we'll surely meet again pretty" my words comes out barely audible, as I make my way to the parking lot, driving on the empty road by 2am...windows rolled up music blaring....