Prologue

Only this prologue will be in 3rd POV, enjoy!

=============================

That's her, the dragon lady, Charlotte Maxwells, standing in a crisp white blouse, navy pencil skirt, a black blazer and 4 inch sleek black heels. To top it off, she have her bluetooth earphone in her ear, golden rings on the left index finder and right pinky finger, a silver necklace with teardrop diamond pendant that was given by her parents for 18th birthday, and a pair of gold and pearl earrings that was given last new year. Her manicured fingers are tapping impatiently on the teak wood meeting table, a nervous habit of her that she has developed over the years.

She is currently having a meeting with the fellow directors for a monthly evaluation to see how each departments are doing. her dad, the CEO if the Maxwell Corporations sat at the head, a serious look on his face.

"As Mr Maxwell said, this marketing project need to make an impact, since this product has been the 1st product we ever launched, we've tried several extension strategies, but this product has already matured. However, we need to make sure this marketing project will work, we will not let go of this product!" Pausing for an effect, and inhaling a much needed breath, she continued, "If that is all, I have a lunch appointment in 30 minutes. Thank You for coming, ladies and gentlemen, see you next month."

Picking up the pieces of paper in front of her, she felt a slap on the back of her shoulders, making her raise her eyes to the familiar dark brown ones of her dad. "Good job Charlotte!" Then he left the room swiftly, probably to meet another investor for lunch.

She let out a sigh, although she like her job, but she is still uncomfortable when talking in front of many people, if 15 people count as "many". Walking out of the meeting room, she is met by her trusted personal assistant and best friend, Ransley, she met him back in the UK when he was studying business and management at the same university as her. Now he's just like a big brother to her.

"I am meeting my cousins for lunch. What else do I have for the afternoon?" She asked as she walked across the tiled floor into the elevator to go up to her office. "Well, you have to sign some contracts, but that can be done after you come back from your lunch. Then there's a meeting with the Golden Sugar company for the talk of sugar supply, where you will be joined by the Trade department."

Reaching for the doorknob to her office, she turned around to say thanks and picked up her Channel handbag, courtesy of her cousin Victoria, then she walked back to the elevator to go to join her cousins for lunch.

In front of the lobby sat her beloved Hummer, graduation present from her parents, and her chauffer Shawn, who is holding the back door open for her. She smoothly slid in to the velvet seat, dropping her bag on the other side of the car, and turning on the music player for some Kpop songs. Instantly, soothing voice of Taeyang filled the car.

She turned to look outside the window, it's nearly autumn in other countries, but it's still hot, the sun is shining brightly, people are busy crossing the street or waiting for a bus. She saw some couples holding hands and enjoying a pleasant conversation, a slight pang formed in her heart. Oh, how she wished she have someone to hold onto, to lean into and to snuggle with on the sofa after work...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Alexander graduated his MBA at Harvard Business School a week ago, after some farewell parties, serious amount of packing, he is now in a taxi on the way to Boston airport, flying back to his hometown- Myanmar. He has missed the food and his friends, his soft spoken mother and his dad. With a half grin, he watched as pedestrians make way to their desired destinations in a rush. in under 23 hours, he will be arriving Myanmar. He will surely miss this place, and the university, it's one of the best experiences in his life. he got to know so many people, and some had become his best of friends.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. At this time, we request that all mobile phones..." He droned out the nasal voice of the air hostess, instead closing his eyes to get some much needed sleep, since he only got 2 hours sleep last night with some last minute packing after coming back from another farewell party held by one of the classmates.