Chapter 3- Party pt1

Charlotte's POV

When we arrived, the party was in full swing, you can hear the music blasting at full volume even from the outside. The ballroom is separated from the hotel's main building for reasons like this.

Stepping out of the car door, I breathe in the cool crisp air slowly, trying to calm my nerves. I haven't been in a club since I graduated a year ago, putting all the effort and time into work, wanting to prove my ability to my dad. I made a note to drink less, God knows my alcohol tolerance is down the drain.

"This way please!" The bouncer led us through the door and security into a private booth, it has a deep navy veil curtain providing some privacy. "Enjoy the night." He bowed then left after receiving some tips from Liam.

"Alright, so this is how we are going to do this. 2 of us should be together the whole time, although we aren't young, I still don't want accidents to happen." Tiffany announced. Since she's the oldest of our cousins, she usually takes charge when we go out, even her two brothers couldn't say much, unless they want to face her wrath.

"Liam, I think you should be responsible of Charlotte, I trust you so don't mess up, she just got back not long ago, introduce her to your friends so she can make connections." She said seriously.

"Chris and Vincent stick together." They automatically moved closer, not needed to be told twice. Vince and Chris is really close since they're only months apart.

"And we 3 will be together. Keep your phone's on you at all times, call back when you see a miss call, or text back, check often. See you all soon." Blowing kisses, Tiffany dragged Victoria and Jacob the dance floor, disappearing amongst the crowds, all the while Jacob was grumbling about why he was stuck with two girls.

"Come on man. The night is young!" Chris also pulled Vince away from the booth.

"You don't have to babysit me, I'm 23, I can look after myself. And I will just order some drinks, I won't move, I swear. Go have fun." I waved my cousin away as I plopped down onto the leather seats with a sigh, already feeling tired. When Liam didn't move, I looked up, he is still standing and looking out onto the dance floor, trying to search for something, or rather someone.

"Now, we can't have that, can we? Let's go Kiddo!" Liam shouted over the music.

Urgh, I groaned internally, it's going to be a looong night.

************
Liam pulled me towards a group of people his age and slapped on a guy's shoulder.

"Yo Alex, glad to have you back in the country man! How's the goodbye party? Can't believe I missed it." Slinging his arm over the guy's shoulders easily.

The guy called Alex turned around, grinned widely and did a weird handshake with Liam. Then they started talking about the party, after a few minutes, he noticed me awkwardly standing there, trying to tug my designer purple cocktail dress lower with no success.

"Who's this pretty lady ?" He yelled into Liam's ear, raising his chin towards me and winked at me at the same time.

"She's off limits dude, it's my lil' cousin sister, Charlotte!" Liam turned to me and pulled me closer. "Charlotte, this is Alex, my best friend since high school. Stay away from him." He warned.

I stared up into the pools of blue eyes, it's reeling me in at a fast rate and I can't seem to resist it. At that moment, everything faded away apart from us...

I took a good look at him, he's at least a good five inches taller than me. With light brown hair gelled sideways so that it's a comb over and high chiselled cheekbones, looking like a perfectly sculpted greek God. His lean but muscular frame shone through the light baby blue shirt he was wearing.