Delphine chapter 16

CHAPTER 16

STAYING CALM

Delphine's P.O.V.

Stay calm. I must stay calm.

Calm.

I am calm.

“Delphine?” Gabrielle interrupted impatiently.

“Shut UP!” I yelled at him, eyes still closed. So much for calm.

I was relaxing myself so I could come up with a better plan to rescue my Andrew than 'Run in, grab him, and run out', as Gabe suggested.

He was getting on my nerves.

So what's new?

Come on, Delphine. You've seen the map thousands of times. Concentrate. Where was the secret entrance you weren't supposed to know about?

I was concentrating. Hard. I would picture the map I stole from the generals desk on day 2 of my mission to get the information from the database.

I scanned it with my portable storage device (with Techies like ours, they make even the outdated spy movies look normal).

I had looked at the map so many times it was infuriating not to be able to picture it now. I used it to find out where the database would be in the first place, but mostly just to find my way around. It was a huge building that they had claimed as theirs.

I pictured myself in a corridor. I looked around nerviously. I was lost. Again.

I checked to make sure no-one was looking and fished out my mini computer. I pressed on the map icon and the map that I had scanned in filled the screen.

I opened my eyes with a gasp.

Gabrielle shook me, making me face him. His eyes were wide with concern.

I removed myself from his uncomfortable grasp and stood. He looked at me expectantly and I questioned, “Feel like going swimming, Gabe?”

************************

2 air cylinders and diving suits later, I had successfully purchased something legally. Yay!

Today even my sarcasm was off..

They had my Andy, but I couldn't afford to rush the rescue operation. I would mess up. I would be vulnerable.

I knew for a fact they wouldn't kill him.

Or maybe they would. The general might be a bit annoyed at me from the time I burnt his office and kicked his but. It probably wasn't the brightest idea to tell him my weakness.

No. I had to think positively, or else the hole thing will collapse from the inside, blowing my one chance to regain Andrew. After three years.

Me and Gabe were very efficient and quick at drawing up a battle plan, so we had that sorted.

Oh yeah. That reminds me. Gabe's coming. He couldn't be persuaded otherwise, and I guess it's for the best. With two of us, each one is only half as likely to be captured and killed.

Like I said, positive.

We go in on 5day. Today is 3day. We needed the rest and, to be honest, I needed to work myself out. I was seriously tangled.

I had found myself a nice and old building to relax in. It was an abandoned werehouse of some sort. It had century old beds, and a bathroom (hadn't seen one of them in a while) and what (from what I've read) is called an office. People worked for material coins in this place ages ago.

I felt as if I could smell the stress and boredom on the workers in the offices, and I could sense their lives just sitting at their desk.

I love old places. Yes, this was the perfect way to unwind for a few days. Gabe and I have organised to meet at the tunnel that leads into the sewerage system left over from the old days. There was a tunnel that would no doubt be guarded, but the guards won't know that I'm not supposed to know the passcode.

I am an evil genius. I did my evil laugh as I spun round in the chair I happened to be sitting on.

I loved these chairs. You could sit and then spin to face another way.

My inner child came out each time I sat on one.

“Hello?” a familiar, yet unfamiliar voice called. I froze. There was no-one here when I checked out the werehouse. They must have just come in.

I stood, and followed where I thoguht the direction of the voice came from.

I slid down a banister for a flight of stairs (all the offices were on the top floor, and the space that I presume was used for storage was on the groung floor) and walked towards the side door.

It was open and there, climbing in through the small opening, were Dan and Thomas.

***************

Andrews P.O.V.

I AM GOING TO DIE, I SAID I AM GOING TO DIE (UHA UHA)

IM THIS TINY PRISON (UHA UHA)

I AM GOIN TO DIE (OOOOHHAA)

I sang the song I had made up 2 hours ago. I could only count the hours thanks to the sun. I learnt that before the time of my ancersotrs, their ancestors had used the sun as a time device.

Then we got lazy and built something else to do that for us. We used to build everything for ourselfs.

I stood up and out of the blue (get it? I'm in the Blue prison) yelled out to anyone who was listening, “HUMANS ARE REALLY SELFISH!!”

Then I sat back down and started humming the song I made up 2 hours ago. I knew it was 2 hours because of the sun...... I thought this aleready.

I was mad.

I don't know why, or if when you actually go mad you say to yourself 'I am MAD!!!'

I wasn't good with questions at that moment. Try again when Delphine comes to rescue me. I knew she would. Well, almpst as much as I knew I was going to die and I knew that to work out the area of the circles I had carved into that walls you had to use a special number and times it by how wide the circle was. I worked out the number a day ago. I don't know how long it has been.

I just know the number, and maybe a few other things.

3.141592654.

I should put that into the song I made up 2 hours ago.

A brid landed on the window sill. It was bob. Bob the bird. Back for more food which I didn't have because I gave the rest of it to Kelly. Kelly the Crow.