CANT SAY NO

Jamison

Life has been a crazy whirlwind lately, and that is an extreme understatement. In the past month, I got accepted into an Ivy League School, my boyfriend's father passed away, and made a huge life decision. The huge life decision was choosing Princeton.

I had to. It was my dream school. I worked my ass off to get my grades up, and I even kept my 4.0 that I had all throughout high school even when people told me college was so much harder.

Was it the most difficult choice I ever had to make in my life? Oh yes. Yes it was. Because... deep down I knew that it had to be an end for me and Keagan. God, I loved him. So much. But our timing couldn't have been more wrong. His dad died and he didn't move a muscle to do anything. He didn't even have any thoughts of going over there to bury him or see him one last time. Keagan needed time to accept what happened, but most of all he needed time to grieve.

How could he absorb all of this when I was happy? Yeah I was upset for him and my heart hurt knowing that there wasn't much I could do for him. But I was going to mother fucking Princeton. Not many people have the opportunity to say that but I can, and I'm so proud of myself. And I knew that Keagan was proud of me too, and I felt that; but he was lost inside himself and there was no easy way for him to come out of his slump. Understandably so, of course.

One would think I was a terrible person for "leaving" him. But going was not my idea entirely. Keagan wouldn't let me stay. He didn't necessarily want me to go, but he loved me enough to know that it was something that I just had to do. He knew that I would end of resenting him if he asked me to stay or made me feel guilty for choosing to go. I wouldn't want that, but things like that just happen on their own unfortunately. He was smart enough to know that.

Even though our relationship was going to be put on hold, we were strangely very calm about it for the time being. Nothing had really changed in our lives. I mean that in its simplest form because of course things had changed in a bigger sense but between the two of us, not really.

My mom couldn't believe that I would leave him. She thought that I was making a mistake but I think that's only because she's an outsider and doesn't fully understand how much we actually care for each other. Because if he didn't care about me and my needs then he would beg me to stay.

Well Keagan is not a beggar so maybe that's a bit much, but still.

"Jamison come here for a sec?"

Keagan was downstairs in the kitchen while I was upstairs getting ready. When we woke up this morning Keagan decided he wanted to go to IHOP for brunch, and I was 100% down for that. We ended up fooling around for way longer than we expected so it was going to be a very late brunch. But that was fine with me because I have no idea what had gotten into my boyfriend as of late but he really turned into quite the Christian Grey. Ok nothing super kinky but just like aggressive I guess I could say. I loved it so I was definitely not complaining about any of it.

"Coming!"

When I got down the stairs I was shocked that he didn't have a sarcastic reply to me saying I was coming.

I was confused when I saw two bags at his feet.

My heart sank.

Was... he leaving... me?

But how could he? Why would he? And when did he pack his things, I didn't even see him do that.

I just didn't understand why he would get me all excited about going out to eat if he was just on his way out of my life.

I cleared my throat and pointed to his bags.

"A-Are you going somewhere?" I asked as confidently as I could.