BED TIME

Keagan

I closed the door quietly behind me after my somewhat overly dramatic exit. My stomach was tied in knots that entire time they were in there, and I just couldn't handle it anymore. So I had to put an end to that. I really wasn't about to have some boy I couldn't stand half the time have that kind of control over me.

No.

We kissed and that was it. That was our moment, and it was over now; big fucking whoop.

I stripped down into my briefs and climbed into the guest room bed, scooting over as far as I could so I could rest my pounding head against the cool wall.

No matter how hard I tried though, I couldn't fall asleep. I just tossed and turned until I heard the door to my room open and I felt my body go deathly still as I waited.

"Keagan, are you awake?" And though I was I just couldn't find it in me to respond.

He waited a few seconds before closing the door, but as soon as I thought I was safe, a weight shifted my bed and a small arm wrapped it's way around me.

"I'm sorry if mine and his conversation ruined your night... I just wanted to let you know that nothing has changed. I'm still not fond of him, but I'm still really fond of you." We were both quiet for a moment, and then he kissed my shoulder. "Again, I'm sorry Keagan..."

I could hear how sincere he was, so all my reserves about this mess flew out the window.

"Stop beating yourself up Jamie, it's whatever." I sighed as I rolled over to face him. "I don't care, you guys were just taking forever and I didn't feel like being hounded by the parents so I went to bed." I lied and of course and Jamie saw right through it.

"Really? Cause you sounded pretty jealous to me..." He poked playfully as he brought himself dangerously closer to me.

Though I can usually control myself while I'm in bed with him, my nerves are still standing on end; so body contact with the jerk who was making me so uneasy was just about to send me over into a mess I don't think either of us are ready for.

"Jealous? Of him?" I laughed and I inched my way back. "I don't think so."

"Oh so not even just a little bit?" Jamie chuckled, knowing he was definitely poking a wired up badger. "Not even the tinniest little bit of you was upset that Russ and I could of been making up in there?"

"Nope. Why would I care?" I asked blatantly. Which kind of shut him up. I couldn't tell if he was hurt by that or if he was reevaluating where he and I stood as of earlier...

"Because you do care, and I'm not about to let your pissy attitude think otherwise." He finally said as he kicked off his shoes and joined me under the covers. "So either be the Keagan who will sleep with anything, or be this new fun and sweet Keagan... But no more of this emo brooding Keagan. No one has time for him."

I laughed and rolled my eyes at my apparent different personalities before pulling Jamie up against me and kissing him; hard.

"Mmmph," he grunted as I pulled away from him mid make out. "What the hell? Why'd you stop?"

I smirked and shrugged before pushing him gently out of my bed.

"I can hear your Mom now. You should be in your room mister, it's way past your bed time."

Jamison shot me what seemed to be a glare before smirking. "This... This is far from being over Keagan."

"Mmm I'm sure, but there isn't anything you can do about it tonight. Is there?" From the small light coming from outside I could see the defeated look on Jamie's face as he left my room, but I tried my best to ignore it.

But as soon as I could hear that the coast was clear of all adults, I quietly snuck out of my bed and into Jamison's room.

He stirred a little in his bed before rolling over.

"What do you want Mom?" He groaned tiredly.

"For you to shut the hell up." I chuckled as I crawled in next to him.

"What are you doing in here?!"

"You made me feel bad for you, so..." I pulled out my phone and set my alarm for four a.m. "I'll stay in here with you until then, okay? Take it or leave it."

"You're such an asshole." He laughed. "But fine, I'll take it."

"You're damn right you will..." I mumbled before wrapping my body around his. "Don't ever say I didn't do anything for you."

"Ugh, just shut up and kiss me jerk."

---------------------------

When my alarm clock rang at 4 I nearly broke it.

Within these few short days of sleeping alone, I forgot how incredibly nice sleeping with someone felt.

Even with us just making out until we passed out... I can't say that I've ever slept better. I was relaxed and warm, and I felt a weird sense of security with him in my arms. So waking up and knowing I had to go just made it suck that much more.

"Don't go..." Jamison mumbled against my neck, causing waves of electricity to run up and down my spine.

"You know I have to Jamie..." I sighed as I tried to move away, but of course he just held me there.

"I'll tell her I had a bad dream or something and you just slept in here to comfort me..." I looked over at the half conscious boy next to me who clearly knew he had won.

"Fine..." I chuckled before wrapping my arms back around the beyond stubborn boy. "But I swear if I get yelled at by your mom, I will never forgive you."

Jamison laughed and brought his lips to mine again briefly before settling back into me.

We slept for a few more hours before we mutually decided it was time to wake up and make our decision to share the bed seem as innocent as possible... But it was eerily quiet in the house.

Under normal circumstances I would have just thought that everyone was still sleeping, but... This is Jamison's family we're talking about.

"Calm down!" Jamie laughed as he raked his fingernails down my back. "I bet they're at church."

"And they didn't invite you?"

"Why would they?" He laughed. "This is a small town, not many people want me there."

"You're still they're kid..."

"And I'm okay with them going... My sexual orientation is mine, and the less it has to reflect on my family, the better. They're not hurting my feelings, and besides, I'd rather be here doing something with you..." And though he had a valid case, I couldn't shake the weird feeling this whole situation was giving me. I felt bad and kind of guilty at the same time. No clue why... I just kind of did.

"Well shit..." I sighed. "I'm still sorry Jamie."

He shrugged and leant against me. "It's fine... I'm just sick of being in the house."

"Really?" I laughed. "How could you ever get sick of a home like this?"

"Trust me, the novelty of my family wears off really quickly." He quipped but as soon as he said it, I could tell he regretted it. Probably because he knew I didn't have much of a family, but I waved my hand dismissively to let him know it didn't bother me.

"How about we go out then? We can go get some food or something. My treat?"

"Yeah sure! I'd really like that." I watched as his eyes lit up, and though it made me smile... It also kind of turned me into a car crash full of nerves.

"Ha, yeah you'll have to drive though seeing as I don't have a car at the moment." I said lamely, trying to make this a more casual conversation rather than a 'hey I just offered to take you on a date' conversation.

"Oh! Yeah of course! Maybe I'll show you around this lame little old town too, or something."

"Whatever is fine with me." I said as I got up from his bed. "I just need food in my stomach first, and then the rest of today is ours to waste."