Forever at your service Part Two

Annabelle stood there still red in the face and with her hand still covering her mouth, her mind was a blur and she still couldn’t believe what had happened just moments ago. Melody remind there standing by the doorway staring at her, Annabelle wanted to say something to break the awkward silence in the room but for some reason she couldn’t get any words out. My face felt hot and I knew I was blushing so I stared at the floor so I wouldn’t have to meet Melody’s eyes.  Finally after a few moments of awkward silence Melody sighed and walked over to me

“Don’t take her seriously.” She said in a serious voice.

“Excuse me?” my mouth was finally working again.

“I said don’t take her seriously. Whatever she told you or-” she paused for a moment and knowingly looked me up and down

“Or whatever she did to you, don’t take it seriously. That’s just the way she is” She finished.

I didn’t know how to respond. She knew what had happened? How? Had Valerie done this before?

When I didn’t respond Melody look at me curiously

“She did do something to you right?” she asked.

“Yes” I said slightly embarrassed.

Melody sighed again

“Like I said, you mustn’t take her seriously. She does it to all the girls and if it bothers you don’t worry about it because she will get bored of you in a month or so and move on to someone else. Maybe sooner then a month, but in the end she always gets bored” I swore I caught a little glimpse of pain in her ice green eyes when she said the last few words.

So Valerie was always like this. I wondered how many girls before me she’s been with…

I wasn’t going to let this get to me, I came out here on my own to prove to my father and myself that I can work on my own and be independent with out relying on a husband or my family. Also, if it’s like Melody said she would get bored of me soon, and this complication would be over.

“Thank you for explaining this to me” I said.

Melody smiled “Your welcome. Just promise me you won’t take her seriously”

That was the fourth time she mentioned not taking Valerie seriously.

“I will not” I assured her.

“Well then since you are done here, would you like to come outside to the stables with me?” She asked with a smile and suddenly the mood seamed lighter and I also noticed that my face wasn’t red anymore as well.

“Yes Id love to.” I answered. Melody then showed me the way out of the castle, past the courtyard then to the back stables.

The stables where large and could hold about ten horses if they wanted to but there where only three there at the moment.

It smelled like hay and horses inside but I didn’t mind it much because the wind was also blowing and carrying a slight floral fragrance that came from the flowers in the courtyard into the stables. Melody walked over to a beautiful, healthy white horse

“This is Lady Valerie’s horse, though she never rides him anymore” She said as she picked up a brush and started grooming the pretty white horse.

“Do you need me to help you with anything?” I asked her feeling bad that she was the only one working.

“No it’s fine. Truthfully I’m only out here to kill time anyways. Also, the chances of getting called on by Lady Valerie when I’m out here is less then it would be if I where hanging around in the castle” She stated.