Chapter One

Two Weeks Prior

In Orario City, what can only be jokingly described as a lover's quarrel could be heard at the home base of the Loki Familia in the early morning.

???: "Ais can hold her own, you shouldn't worry yourself."

???: "That's exactly why I'm worried. Adachi don't you dare fall asleep on me..."

???: "...ADACHI!!!"

He nearly dozed off, with his mask falling off of him and Loki desperately shaking him awake.

Adachi: "....Zzzz....would you like me to babysit her? Honestly, Loki I understand why but she needs to learn to handle these matters on her own. Spoiling her would hamper her growth. If anything her growth as a person is already being hampered as is."

Loki: "Says the person with the lowest health stat in Orario adventurer history." She quipped in a snarky tone.

Adachi: "Yet I'm a higher adventurer rank than Ais with the lowest health pool in Orario history."

Loki: "Second highest in Orario currently! I can't believe this! How aren't you the slightest bit worried?"

Adachi: "Going with the low blows? Simple, I put them through hell training. You needn't worry about a thing..." As he pats her head, calming her down a little bit. "...if you believe something will go wrong, I have no choice but to head down to the dungeon."

Loki glanced up and saw the rare genuine smile spread across Adachi's face.

Loki: "Really...?"

Adachi: "Of course, Loki, I'll be off then." Still petting her until she regains her composure and leaving her be.

Loki: "Catch!"

As she gently threw his mask to him before Adachi ran off, leaving Loki muttering to herself.

Loki: "Don't die on me, idiot..." she muttered to herself.

Adachi rushed back to his room, quickly adorning his mask before leaving the office room. Dressed in his battle outfit and armed with his staff and glaives. He invoked Cloud Walker and rushed towards the dungeon entrance. As annoying as his goddess can be, he can't ignore the warnings especially when it's in regard to her premonitions. Spotting Ais and her party, he slipped into what he presumed was their weapons carriage without them noticing. As he was protected well enough knowing where they were headed.

'Time to nap. It'll be half a day by the time they reach the 49th floor.' Or so he believed.

30 Hours Later 3rd Person

Lefiya Virdis was brooding, mainly she was anxious on why the Commander chose her to join this expedition. She was only a level 3 adventurer to boot heading to floor 50, it's suicide anyway to cut it.

???: "Lefa! What're you zoning out for?"

Lefa: "Tione...did you need something?"

Tione: "You've been spacing out for awhile now..."

Lefa: "I don't understand our Commander... his line of thinking..."

???: "He's an enigma, no one knows what he's thinking. Not even Finn or Riveria, who've lost consecutively to Adachi in poker matches. The only person who honestly could is Loki and she's the only one who has a fifty-fifty chance of beating him. As well as being one of only two people who've seen his face."

Tiona Hiryute, the younger twin of Tione, skipped over while chipping in her two senses on the matter. Personally, there are many people within the Familia who are conflicted about their second-in-command. They don't know his last name, he refuses to reveal his origins, and he's constantly wearing a mask... on the other hand, he seems friendly enough and lackadaisical like their goddess.