one | oh darling, go buy a personality

The day i received the novel, Infinite, was the best day of my life. Who knew such delight would result in something much worse.

It all started on a regular Saturday. The 28th of March to be exact.

Like every other weekend, i sat in my bean bag chair getting ready to read the day away. I had book shelves upon book shelves worth of books, yet i couldn't pick which one to read. It was a very hard decision that had yet to be determined. I was internally debating whether to read Romance or some good old Science Fiction. I continued to browse until the peaceful quietness of my room was interrupted as my mother barged in without knocking.. like usual.

"Faye there's a charity event tomorrow night, shall i pick out a dress for you?" My mother questioned. You could say my mother was an interesting character. With shoulder length blonde hair and bright blue eyes, she was basically my opposite. She was small and well mannered while i was tall and ill tempered with a side of awkwardness just to balance everything out. Even though i had blonde hair like her, i got my emerald like eyes from my father. Besides the hair we were nothing alike, our personalities pretty much clashed.

"I think I'm going to sit this one out" I sighed. A room full of obnoxious men and woman donating money to a cause they probably knew nothing about, wasn't really my scene. My family may love social gatherings, but I'm either to rude or awkward to random people.

She scowled at my answer, "Faye you agreed you'd come to the next social event"

I rolled my eyes at that. It was the same conversation we had every week. Our family would be invited to a party, a dinner or anything really and we'd debate if i was going to go. Every weekend i stayed home.

Honestly if you think about it, why would you want to waste your time with a bunch of snobby old people while wearing a dress so tight it'd be considered a layer of dead skin, when you could be exploring a new world of characters from the comfort of your bed. Obviously the latter seemed like a way better way to spend my Saturday night.

"Mom, why would you want me to come if I'd just be miserable?" We're parents so inconsiderate these days of their children's feelings?

"Honey, it's for a good cause"

I rolled my eyes, "Which is what?"

Sitting down on the edge of my bed, she stared at me with her hopeful sky like eyes.

"It's for these poor helpless homeless kittens. Imagine having to fend your way through the wild , fighting for survival. The struggle these poor feeble creatures have to face everyday is heartbreaking. My heart aches with sadness. We need to help them come to a better faith! They need a place to come home to each night, where they can have a bowl of milk without having to hiss away predators. Faye don't do it for me, do it for the kittens"

"Mom I'm deathly allergic to cats"

"Don't over exaggerate, more like extremely allergic. You'd live to see another day" My eyes were wide with shock. This was unbelievable. My mother would risk my life for a cat. She doesn't even like kittens!

"No way will I step in a 5foot radius anywhere near those hair balls. Who's idea was this anyways? No one just randomly decides to donate thousands for a stray cat" I retorted. There was no room for discussion. I was not spending my night with a ball of fluff.

"Your sister is coming"

"How many times do I need to tell you that Haley isn't my sister. As bad as it sounds, I will not associate in the same family as a brick"