1. As They Rise

As They Rise

Introductions

Introductions of the main characters.

POV=Point of View

(Author's Note: BTW, if you haven't already, then you should read my other novels too: Expect the Unexpected and J'Adore. And I will be making more soon.)

* * *(P*Star's POV) Yo, my name's Priscilla but they call me P*Star. I live with my dad and sister Solsky in a shelter home. What happened to my mother you ask? She got into drugs and started doin' h*roin. We still lookin' for her just because we want to see her again....want her to get clean...But anyway when I was younger I was in some beauty pageants. When I was there I then knew that I wanted my career to have something to do with entertainent. I loved being on stage. I listened to the rappers when I was a little kid and I was hooked on everything that they did. I liked it so much that I started to rhyme, I doubted I was any good but I had to try. My father who used to want to be a rapper helped me out, he showed me what the power of words was all about.

Me and my sister Solsky were at foster homes for a while and then our father gained custody of us and we moved to Bronx in New York, still. I wanted him to know that I could rap, and this is how I told him: 

My father was cooking in the kitchen, and I said to him,"Yo Dad! Yo Dad, I can spit!" And he was like,"Yo, if you spit at me, I'm gonna ground you for life!" I laughed. "He didn't really know what spit meant. Like as in rappin'. So I said,"Dad, lemme spit, please let me spit," and he said, "Go ahead, spit on your plate." So I started rhyming, and he dropped the plate in front of me and he said, "How in the world did you do that?" 

And after that, he began sneaking me into clubs for me to rap in.

We practiced almost every night while Solsky would watch. Even though it was fun, I still wished my mother was there...

* * * (Yumi's POV) 

I'm Yumi, as you already know. I'm half Korean, half white. My mother's side of the family was sometimes very religious. It sometimes seemed as if they had their own religion, their own rules. My father was white and didn't really care, he always took his anger out on me and my mom. Never my little sister Hyung. Not yet. She is only 6. It first started happening as soon as I turned 7. My mother wanted a divorce but her own family wouldn't let her, well they could, but my mom didn't want her and her family to be a disgrace to the Swan family.

Because it was part of their "rules". They just wouldn't allow and single adults in the family. No one really knows why though. They said divorce is a crime... We just obey. I think my mom said it had something to do with our family religion, I don't know.

Anyway, at school I took band and choir classes. I loved being a Disc Jockey, a.k.a. DJ. And singing, but mostly...playing the keyboard and singing. I wrote lyrics and played my music all the time whenever I could- which meant when my father wasn't around.

* *(Dimitri's POV) 

My name is Dimitri but everyone calls me Mitri. Sometimes they call me Drew because I like that name and it's my middle name. I rap and sing and play the guitar but I've never thought of it as a career, ya know? It's like it's a part of me, and I love it. But unfortunately my family has a couple of problems...When I was little my parents were arguing ALL the time. Sometimes they fought physically, other times they were just verbally cruel. Well, one night we found out that my dad got shot by a supposed "friend". My mom started getting all depressed for a while and I had to help her out. And now, I write songs about things similar to that, and morals. Tons of things. I've been homeschooled since I was born practially even during our family problems. But my mom says I need more friends and stuff so she's putting me into a school now. Ew, fourth grade.....