(2)

- 2-

     Nina stood outside of the hotel room, just glaring at the off-white door. All kinds of images of Naomi and Nick came to mind. She imagined the two of them rolling around in the bed. Her stomach churned.

        Maybe I saw it wrong.

        Nina raised her hand to knock against the door. Seconds later she heard Nick ask 'who is it?' she let out a shaky breath. She didn't want him to know that she was outside the door.

        "Housekeeping," she said, in a Spanish accent. It came easily to her since her mother was Latino. She heard the accent so many times from her mom she perfected it.

        "We don't need housekeeping," Nick said.

        She gritted her teeth together. "Sir, it's mandatory."

        Nina heard rummaging around like he was trying to clean up. The door cracked. Nina didn't hesitate before she pushed the door so hard, making Nick stumble back with wide eyes.

        "Where is she?" Nina asked. She heard the shower running, so she stalked towards the bathroom.

        Before she reached the doorknob, Nick swooped her into his arms. She struggled to get out of his snake-like grip. Nina kicked his shins and pounded against his chest as hard as she could.

        "Babe, calm down," he whispered into her ear.

        "Don't tell me to calm down. I saw you with her."

        "It's not what you think."

        "That's what every man says when he's caught in the act. How cliche of you," she said.

        "What's going on?" A raspy female voice asked.

        Nina stiffened in Nick's arms. She turned her head in the direction of the voice. Naomi was standing half-naked. Water dripped from her rich chocolate skin onto the carpeted floor. She was only wearing a cotton white towel and her hair was pinned up in a high bun.

        "You bitch," Nina screamed, trying to get out of Nick's arms.

        "Ni-na, I'm sorry."

        "You're sorry? I'll show you sorry."

        Tears streamed down Naomi's face. "He came on to me. I didn't want to have sex with him."

        "What changed your mind? 'Cause it sure couldn't of been because he's such a great lover in bed."

        "He loves me and I love him."

        Nina whipped her head around, to look into Nick's eyes. "Is that true? Do you love her?"

        Nick shook his head. "You know I love you. You're the only one for me."

        "Then why are you fucking my sister?" she asked, tears pooling in her eyes.

        "It just happened."

        "Let me go, Nick," she said. Her voice was barely above a whisper.

        He slowly released her. She paced the room wondering if she could get away with murdering the both of them. Too bad she still loved them both to do anything like that. She looked between the two of them and saw the guilt in their eyes.

        "I want you both to listen to me and listen good. I don't want to have anything to do with either one of you. Don't call me, don't text me and don't come over to my house. As a matter of fact, Nick I'll have all your shit packed for you. It'll be sitting on the side of the curb."