18

The party continued well into the night. After the fireworks, Ed and I had made our way back to the ballroom where we'd danced the rest of the night. By the time everyone left for our rooms and the ballroom cleared out, my feet were aching but I didn't mind. Caspian and I showed the Pevensies where they were staying the night with the girls and guys sharing separate rooms. We all said goodnight to each other with Ed sending me a sly wink that made me blush. 

Despite the late hour, when I got back to my room I found that I couldn't sleep. I pulled the pins out of my hair and let it hang down completely loose as I stood out on my balcony. A crisp breeze floated past me and I closed me eyes, savoring the night air. When I opened my eyes, the moon was bright and full over my head and I smiled. My father's words rang through my head.

"When the moon is awake, so are you my Luna." 

I thought about how the night had felt just like this when Caspian and I had fled our home from fear. Our lives had been in danger, and now just a week later it was the complete opposite. Caspian was King of Telmar and Narnia. I had been crowned a Queen of Narnia. There was peace. I had met the Kings and Queens of old and I now considered them friends when just a week ago I'd thought they were just an old Narnian folktale that our professor had taught us about in secret. But they were here, in the castle, and the Just King made me feel more alive than I ever had in my life.

Eventually when the wind became a bit too chilly and I went inside. I changed into my night dress and I climbed into bed. Instantly my eyes began to droop closed, the events of the day catching up with me. 

As I drifted off, the last thing on my mind was a pair of king, chocolate colored eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I got dressed in a white dress with purple lace embordered around the top half of it. A golden belt separated the purple top from the white skirt which flowed around my legs when I walked. The long sleeves were fitted to my arms and I slipped white slippers on my feet. 

While I would have preferred to wear riding breeches and a loose shirt, Aslan had called Caspian and I for a meeting first thing. I twisted half of my hair up and secured it with a golden comb. With one last check in the mirror, I left to go find Aslan and my brother. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Aslan told us what was to happen this afternoon, I began making preparations. The word began to spread throughout the castle and the town that a kingdom wide meeting was to take place and everyone was expected to attend, Narnians included.

My mind so so preoccupied thinking about the meeting and everything Aslan had told Caspian and I that I wasn't watching where I was walking and plowed into someone as we came around a corner at the same time. 

"Oof," I gasped as I fell flat on my backside. A familiar chuckle had me looking up with playfully narrowed eyes. 

"Falling for me already is see?" I grinned up at Edmund as he reached down and helped me to my feet. 

"What makes you think I haven't already?" The words left my lips before I could even think twice about them. Both of our eyes widened in shock and my face turned as red as Reep's feather. Edmund just blinked at me in surprise, neither of us knowing what to say to that. Movement over his shoulder caught my eye and I saw Lucy walking towards us. 

"A... Aslan says to meet in town for a... a meeting..." I stumbled my way through the words. "I'll meet you down there I guess..." I hurried past him and intercepted Lucy, grabbing her arm and turning her around so we were walking away from her brother. 

"Meeting in the town Luce, let's go there now," I said quickly. She glanced back to where I assumed Edmund was but I didn't glance back as I pulled her forward. 

"Is everything ok?" she asked confused. 

"Yea of course, why wouldn't it be?" I asked, my words coming out too fast. She glanced back again, then looked at me and smiled a knowing smile. 

"Don't you dare say anything," I warned her and her laughter echoed around the castle hallways. 

"I don't know why you two don't tell each other how you feel. It's obvious to everyone, even me. Oh my gosh, if you two get married that means that we'll be sisters! Oh I would love that!" Lucy kept on talking about us becoming family, and I found that instead of being embarrassed or mad at the idea, I actually kind of loved it. Peter, Susan, and Lucy had all become like siblings to me and I realized I liked the idea of becoming a part of their family. Actually, I loved it. 

Not that I would tell her that Ed and I had already kissed, or that I might have just accidently told him I loved him. If I did, I was afraid she'd scream and scare the life out of anyone around. Not to mention that this meeting had me nervous as it was. Aslan had told Caspian and I that he would be offering any telmarines passage back to our ancestor's land. Something in my gut told me that my time with the Pevensies was coming to a close and I couldn't face that. Not yet.

Lucy and I made our way to where Aslan had told everyone to meet. It was a small part of town against one of the outer walls that looked over the cliffs that dropped off below us. A large oak tree grew in the middle of the raised platform and I could see Reepicheep, Trufflehunter, Glenstorm, and a few other Narnians already here. 

The crowd began to grow as Caspian joined me, followed by Edmund who still looked a little star struck, then Peter and Susan. Susan's face was sad and she looked like she'd been crying but she was standing across the platform from me so I couldn't go to her. I scanned the crowd in front of us and I was relieved to see Narnians and humans standing side by side, as it always should have been. 

Caspian nodded at me and we went to stand in the middle of the platform. Caspian cleared his throat and the crowd went quiet. 

The meeting had officially started.