17

*A/N*: In my head, the Arrival at Aslan's How song the fauns play in this chapter is the actual song by that name from the movie's soundtrack :) The soundtrack is sooo pretty and it was great mood music to listen to while writing this story. Just a thought if y'all wanted something to listen to during this chapter/story*

Once we made it back to the castle, we all got ready for the ceremony. Maids dressed me in a stunning emerald green gown with gold and red lacework around the collar, the ends of the long cape sleeves, around the waist, and all along the bottom of the dress. It wasn't like what I normally wore at all, but then again you didn't get crowned queen every day. 

Half of my hair was twisted up at the back of my head while the other hung around my shoulders in soft curls. One of the maids dusted my cheeks and lips with pink rouge while another slipped a pair of beautiful leather, emerald green slippers on my feet. The maids had tried to cover up my cheek with a bandage, but I had told them not to. Where the arrow had brushed me had been deeper than I'd originally thought and would leave a scar. But I didn't mind. It would be a permeant reminder of what I had gone through and our victory. As soon as they decreed that I was ready, a knock sounded on my door. 

For half a second I was back in this same room pacing the floor with anxiety while I waited to hear news about my cousin's birth. My anxiety spiked when I saw my professor come in and I knew what this meant for Caspian and I. But as I blinked and took a deep breath, I remembered where I was and why the professor was actually here. 

"You look radiant your highness," he smiled fondly at me. I smiled back at him and took his out stretched hand which he offered me. I stepped down from the little dais I'd been standing on while the maids worked. 

"Thank you professor," I said honestly. 

"Are you ready to become queen?" he asked and I smiled. 

"I think so." He chuckled at me as we left my room and headed down to the main chamber where the coronation would be. The actual ceremony would consist of Aslan crowning Caspian and I with the help of Trufflehunter and Trumpkin. The remaining Lords of Miraz's council would be there as well as the four Pevensies, some Narnians like Glenstorm and his family, Reepicheep and other Narnian knights, as well as a handful of other people like my aunt and former General Glozelle. 

When the professor and I reached Caspian standing outside the chamber doors, the professor left us to go inside. Caspian looked me up and down with a raised eyebrow. 

"Who are you and what have you done with Catarina?" he asked me which caused me to laugh. 

"Don't get used to it," I told him. "But as far as fancy clothes go, you're one to talk." It was true he looked quite handsome in his cream and emerald green tunic, brown pants and brown boots. 

"Besides, I could still beat you in a fight even in this dress." I patted my thigh where I'd strapped a dagger and Caspian laughed heartily. 

"I don't doubt for a second hermana." We smiled at each other, proud of each other's accomplishments and that we were both here, together.

"I know dad would be so proud of you," I whisper to Cas as I take his arm ready to walk into the main chamber. He stiffened for a second, surprised, before he hugged me which in turn surprised me. I hugged him back instantly though, burying my head into his chest. 

"You too Cat, you too," Cas whispered. For a second I could feel tears well up in my eyes but I willed them away. Today was a day for celebration and happiness, not tears. Besides, my maids would probably have a heart attack if I ruined my makeup moments before the ceremony.

Cas and I pulled away from the hug as two guards opened the main chamber doors all the way. I grabbed his arm once again and looked up at him. 

"Ready King Caspian?" I asked.