ONE

Bismillah... lets start chapter one! Hope you all enjoy iA!

"Okay everyone, that was a great session! In tomorrow's lesson we'll be going through feedback for your last assessment. And don't forget to bring in your homework!"

I breathed a deep sigh of relief as the bell rang, signalling the long and tedious day was finally over. Quickly massaging the space on my forehead, I dismissed the class and gathered my laptop and planner before heading to the staff room.

"Aleena, please! What is the secret to your success? Your students love you, they do their work on time and they are consistently achieving amazing grades MashaAllah! whereas mine... ughhh I have a migraine every day!"

I laughed at Rima who had burst into the room, my best friend since high school and now we both had jobs in the same department of one the highest achieving schools in the country. Alhamdulillah, all our hard work had paid off.

We talked for a while before I said, "Rima, I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to run. Mama has guests over tonight and needs help with a couple of things, and I am in desperate need of a hot and steaming bath!"

"I'll be off soon too. Drive home safely, pray your du'aa when you get in the car! I love you! Salaam!"

I laughed at her caring, mother-hen personality, returned her salaam and left the building, making my way to my car and hoping and praying that the traffic had reduced.

* * *

I was sat on the sofa in the living room, a cosy blanket spread over my legs to shield me from the chilly October evening with my MacBook perched on my knees as I planned out my lessons for the coming week. After work, I had helped Mama with her preparations and met Zeba Aunty, who I absolutely adored - she had treated me as her own daughter for as long as I could remember and was always willing to help with anything I needed. She was quite literally a second mother to me and my siblings and my entire family loved her. After that, I went for a long relaxing bath to  ease my stress from the busy day and now I was sat with my family getting on with some work.

Baba was away on a business trip and would be returning tomorrow evening, so me and my younger sister Saffa decided we would make a much needed sister-date out of it and go for a coffee and some shopping after school before picking him up from the airport.

"Sami, Zeba Aunty came round today. She said her cousin Maryam was coming to town with her family soon. You remember her? My friend with the little boy and his three sisters? You used to get along so well as children, always playing together whenever we would meet."

"Ah yes Mama I do remember, but I was like 8 years old then, I'm 25 now, I don't know him" my older brother, Sami, said.

"It's fine beta, you should get to know him once again, we will invite them for dinner when they come, I'd love to catch up with Maryam after all this time."

"InshaAllah Mama that would be nice."

"InshaAllah, now kids, your old Mama is tired today, I'm going to bed. You guys should sleep soon too, you all have busy days tomorrow."

I greeted Mama salaam and goodnight, then shut my laptop screen before spending some quality time with my siblings, then praying Isha and going to bed.

So, what do you guys think? First chapter so it was not very interesting, but it will get more exciting soon, I promise!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day x