Chapter 5

Robs pov

Being at a high school again brought back a lot of memories. I remember some how I convinced my mom and my principal I needed to drop out of high school to work on my career. Some part of me really wished I had graduated. But I wonder if my life would have been different if i finished.

***

We had been at this high school all day. I feel really bad for making ugh what's her name. oh yeah Abbie cry. I feel really bad. I know we didn't hear her whole story but God no parents that must be rough.

***

We just made it to the game. It was just starting we made it just in time. The game was getting super intense. Both teamed were super good. Lakewood was losing 28-21. It was the fourth quarter and there was 32 seconds. Abbie is a pretty damn good quarterback. After the time they headed back on the field and the play started. I could see she was looking for an open receiver and the next thing we know she was tackled to the ground. She didn't get up until a few minutes later. All the players were on one knee. When she stood up everyone started clapping and cheering. She was cradling her arm as she was walking to the sideline. When she made it to the side line she took a seat on the bench still cradling her arm. One of the players took her helmet off and had a brief conversation with her before heading back out to the field to Finnish the game. They one the game but I wasn't really watching I was more concerned about Abbie. As soon as the game was over her and another player got up and started walking to the parking lot.

"I'll be right back" I said to Steelo and chanel

I ran to catch up with Abbie.